I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charkbait/Red Avet Reel
Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:23PM

I know this isnt a rodbuiding subject, but I was wondering if anybody has ever done business with Charkbait. They have a limited production run Avet reel that I absolutely must have but I want to make sure they are good business men.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charkbait/Red Avet Reel
Posted by: Gerard Trovela (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:37PM

Hey Jason,

Yes, they are very great to deal with. Ive personally have bought reels and tackle from them at the store in Huntington Beach. They are very knowledgeable about their product. Avet is a local company over her on the left coast, so they should have great knowledge on the product, acutally on any product they sell for that matter. Give them a call, and ask. This week is a very big Fishing and Tackle convention in Long Beach, so I believe they are closing their shop, since they will be at the show, but their website says they will be checking phn msgs and emails.

If they only sold rodbuidling materials, like the sold tackle, they would be my favorite shop....

Happy Fishin!

Gerard Trovela
Los Angeles, CA

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 11:50PM

Ditto on Gerard's post. They'll treat you right. They should have a couple of bodies at the shop even with the show going on.

If you like that Red color, you'll ONLY find it at Charkbait. It's an exclusive for them, or at least was last I checked. We're actually an Avet Dealer and inquired about Red last season.

Gerard,

We'll be working the Pac Bay booth (fly fishing hall) in LB. Stop by and say hi!

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Jason Alvarado (---.TCI.NAVY.MIL)
Date: March 01, 2006 02:34PM

Thank you gentlemen, your feedback will help me out alot. MAN what a reel!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster