I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Pray for Jessy Bukey
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 02:09PM

Everyone please pray for Jesse Bukey. He got in a car accident on his way home from the show, he is in critical condition. I do not have all the details but that does not matter at this point - Just Pray....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pray for Jessy Bukey
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 02:12PM

He'll be included in my nightly prayers. May the MASTER HEALER's hand be upon him through this difficult time.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Jim Benenson (164.64.146.---)
Date: February 28, 2006 02:27PM

Bill,

I will pray fervently for Jesse.

Jim in NM

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:05PM

Please - Does anyone have any contact information?

Bill Stevens

Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:11PM

JEEEEEEEEEEEZUS what a way to spoil wot was a brilliant weekend.........
He`s gonna be in everyones thoughts and prayers I`m sure .
I`m sure I`m going to speak for everyone here when I say send our heartfelt regards and wish him a safe speedy recovery
and that his family are not alone we are all here for anything they may need

Allen in england (UK)

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:39PM

I just talked to Mike Ballard. Thanks to the Batsons for making all of us aware of the situation.

Jesse and Mike traveled to the Show together and made the return trip home together. They got to Mike Ballard's house and Mike tried to keep Jesse there for a rest before continuing to his house in Virginia Beach. Jesse insisted on finishing the return trip and went to sleep and veered into the median on Highway 58 just a few miles from home. He is presently in Norfolk General hospital in intensive care. He has serious broken bones in his legs which have been repaired in a long surgury. He is on a respriator due to emphysema and could use all of our prayers. His injuries from the accident do not appear to be life threatening.

Mike Balland is very close to Jesse and will make an attempt to visit Jesse as soon as he is out of the intensive care unit. Jesse will get out of that intensive care unit with the help of the many prayers that he will get from all who know him. Mike or I will make a post on the board as soon as Jesse improves.

Bill Stevens

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:42PM

Bill...thanks for the update.Thoughts and prayers.......

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:48PM

Jesse will be in my Thoughts and Prayers

Posted by: Lou Reyna (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 04:44PM

I am but a few minutes from Norfolk General. Will definitely drop in on Jesse.

Lou

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:03PM

Thank you Bill Stevens and Bill Batson. I was going to call Jesse about getting some of those soft logo grips. I guess I will have to wait awhille. We will pray for a speedy recovery.

Ed Smith

Posted by: Bruce Wetzel (---.norf.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 06:31PM

I stopped in Jesse's shop today to see how the show was, plus get some more free advice on a rebuild that I'm doing. A good friend of his was behind the counter (Walt) and told me the bad news. I still can't believe it, and I'm going to miss bugging him at the shop. Jesse's recovery is going to be slow and pretty painful from what Walt said, and we all need to keep him in our prayers. It could be two to three months before he's even on crutches. Walt and I are going to try and handle anything that comes up at the shop, and finish any outstanding stuff Jesse might have lying around. All we can do at this point is pray for his speedy recovery. I'll post updates as soon as he's well enough to have visitors.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 07:49PM

Would it be possible to get an address to send a card? Randy.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:23PM

Please keep us informed. Just a quick hour nap would have refreshed him and this may not have happened. Darn shame !

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:45PM

Bill,

Do you have his shop address that you could post? I know that he wouldn't want his home address on the internet, but we could possibly send cards to him at his shop.

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:56PM

Yes ! Yes!
An address to send a card would be great!! Don't know if I should send it to the hospital
or to the shop!

Unfortunately, chances are, there are also others who we don't know about who had troubles
getting back home without incident.

A minute of silence, thoughts and prayers for all. Especially Jessie!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 08:58PM

Mike,

His shop address is:

2100 Marina Shores Drive
Virginia Beech, VA 23451

I got this off his business card he gave me. At least someone is minding the store. I hope I can get some of those logo grips.

Ed Smith

Posted by: John Dow (---.245.167.70.Dial1.Stamford1.Level3.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 09:12PM

Wishes and hope for a speedy recovery . Get Well Jessy . John

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 28, 2006 09:33PM

My how we all have gotten "religious" all of a sudden. ... Amazing, ... Is that what it takes to get our attention, ... the near death of a buddy, ...?

Jesse Buky’s life & mind have been spared. May he (we all) seek the forgiveness of his (our) sins that is offered only in The Name. ... “For there is only one Name under heaven given among mankind by Whom we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12).

I am not allowed to mention the Name of That Man on the RBO Forum. (But Allen Forsdyke is allowed to use it as an interjection, [see below]… What’s up with that?…) It's too incendiary. That’s just policy here at the RBO Forum, and I have pledged to Mr. Tom Kirkman to respect his private property rights.

But if you sincerely want to know that Name and Him, please e-mail me privately. If you think I know something about rod-building and science, I can honestly say that my knowledge of Him is almost as vast. And knowing Him is exceedingly more AWESOME and worth your while pursuing than all of life itself. In fact, until you are ready to die and meet your Maker, you have not yet learned how to live.

As far as prayer for our fellow Rod-Builder is concerned, I agree that Jesse Buky be spared, saved and healed. In The Name. Amen.

Jesse Buky, I love you, man. … You know how zealously I was on your side with those two “Logo” Posts you had in recent months. … I’m postponing my dinner until this prayer of intercession is complete.
E-ddress for Jesse Buky: <[email protected]>

Jesse, put the LOGOS on your heart.
Give me a call if you don’t know what I mean.
-Cliff Hall+++, Gainesville, FL
cmkmhall@ufl,edu (352) 373-2161

Tonight is Fat Tuesday, which means that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. That is no mere co-incidence to me, Gentlemen. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Posted by: Pete Kornegay (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 09:56PM

Mailing address for Norfolk General is:

Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
600 Gresham Drive
Norfolk, VA 23507

I just met Jessy last Saturday night at the Rod Builders Social and in less than 3 minutes, I could tell that this was one special guy. I told Jessy that I was a relatively new rod builder and that I lived nearby and he immediately invited me up to his shop to watch him work and do crosswraps. Somehow, I think I'll still make that trip and watch him work but it may just be postponed for a while.

Pete Kornegay
Camden, NC

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:06PM

Thanks a lot Pete!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster