I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charlotte
Posted by: Al Ciner (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:31AM

I know it's redundant, but the show was a terrifc experience, especially for a newbie like me. The information,, the deals,, the genuine feeling of fraternity and sharing by people who are passionate about this craft was great.
Thanks Tom, for being a gracious host and putting together a memorable weekend. Thanks to who ever pulled my ticket out of the hat for the beautiful rod by Lance and Bill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charlotte
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 10:36AM

It was nice to meet you, Al. I'm sure we'll never forget Ken's story of his "housebuilding" experience! LOL!!

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: February 28, 2006 11:07AM

The pleasure was mine, Randy. You're right,,Quite a story!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 28, 2006 11:17AM

Al - I was so glad to see you made it, and was VERY impressed with all the samples you brought down & displayed. Canot wait to see soem of teh rods you work on this year and bring down for the 2007 Show.

Date: February 28, 2006 11:27AM

Billy,,to you and Mike,Sean and John,, my humble thanks for the opportunity to display my stuff at your booth. I'm already looking forward to next year. It was fun hanging out and learning.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:23PM

Al,
It was nice meeting you and getting ideas for future wraps. Like I said I'm not very good at selecting color combo's so your insight was a great help.
Billy and the crew it was very nice meeting you guys as well and and jumpstarting my interests with VW. Very much appreciate the company, hope to see you all next year (if not sooner). Randy.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:40PM

Randy - It was a pleasure meeting you and hanging out Saturday night. All we needed were a few Tuxedo's, and we could've stayed out a few hours longer. YOu did me a gigantic favor, which I really do appreciate.

Color combos - I wonder how many fly fishermen will go home and make or order green & purple rods. I'll tell you what - if you were serious about selecting color choices, you'd've really had a superb opportunity hanging out in teh Lobby of Westin and asking a few of the more flamboyant human beings who were hanging out there all weekend. yuck!

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:50PM

I've already some color combo ideas from the clown in the orange suit and the yeti from Friday night. Randy.

Date: February 28, 2006 02:08PM

Randy, if I helped at all then I'm very happy. It was great to meet you and hang out. Thanks again.

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 02:30PM

Billy,

I don't think you would have fit in with the "guys" in those tuxedo's. ROFLMAO I heard some pretty "interesting" stories about being in the lounge at the Westin on Friday night!!

Bill in WV

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 02:32PM by William Bartlett.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:33PM

...."Brokeback Westin"!!

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 04:08PM

I better never hear another West Coast Queer joke from those southern boys after those two nights at the Westin.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 12:30AM

Todd,

Hilarious!!!!!

Bill in WV

Posted by: Sean Endres (---.37.157.246.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 09:55AM

Al, it was a pleasure meeting you!!! Your wraps look much better in person, the camera does not do justice. Looking forward to see what you wrap with Madeira, and seeing those in Charlotte next year!!

Sean Endres
North East Rod Builders
New London, CT

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster