I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Attention Hook and Hackle Customers
Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.ferc.gov)
Date: February 23, 2006 01:47PM

For those of you who aren't on H&H's e-mail list and have been having trouble with an order or contacting them, I wanted to post this e-mail that I just received which explains the situation.......

"Our move to the new warehouse proved more difficult than anticipated. BUT . . . we are shipping daily and will be caught up by early next week! Thanks for your continued patience and business. We know that the customers of Hook & Hackle are the best and you can be certain that the excellent customer service and product selection will continue. Please accept our apology that it has been impossible to return all phone calls and emails at this time.

Thanks again.

And yes, we will be offering “extra” savings in March to celebrate!!

Ron"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Attention Hook and Hackle Customers
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.an1.nyc41.da.uu.net)
Date: February 23, 2006 04:18PM

Thanks for the heads up Steve

Posted by: Bill Koski (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 12:52PM

II have had excellent dealings with Bob in the past, is he still involved ?

Posted by: Steve Kartalia (---.155.33.144.Dial1.Baltimore1.Level3.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 04:56PM

I have too and I don't know the answer to your question. They apparently have moved from Plattsburg, NY to Homestead, PA and Ron is listed as the contact instead of Bob. That's all I know.

Posted by: Don Lukehart (---.pitt.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 24, 2006 06:28PM

I live in the Pittsburgh area and was vere surprised and pleased to here about the move! But am curious as to the Homestead area? It is a depressed area, hope they have a good security system

Posted by: Gerry Thompson (---.range81-151.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 07, 2006 07:07PM

This is my first post to this forum and it pains me that I am communicating a negative experience with it. Please forgive me.

I am in the UK and placed an order for a St Croix rod building kit with Hook and Hackle on 10th Feb - they took payment from my card despite their receipt saying that no payment would be taken before the goods were despatched. The kit can't have been despatched as there was no provision within my payment for shipping and they wouldn't have shipped it across the Atlantic without me having paid for the privilege!!

I have been chasing them to get a refund as I cannot get an answer from them as to what the shipping costs should be. Believe it or not I have phoned them on a few occasions despite the cost to myself of doing so. But all I get is someone who says they are an answering service for the company and who can only pass messages to them. I have sent email after email with no reply. Meanwhile I am down $276 and no sign of them giving me a refund.

I have never in many years of buying goods from around the world had such terrible customer service from a company. Only last month I bought an Outcast float tube from a company based in New Jersey and I can only say good things about them and how they went out of their way to help me.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to get some sort of satisfaction from Hook and Hackle? Any help would be very gratefully received.

All the best from the banks of the River Spey in Scotland.

Gerry

Posted by: Gerry Thompson (---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 08, 2006 11:35AM

Can anyone give me any information on this? Sorry to ask again!

Gerry

Posted by: Richard Pistell (---.burl.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 15, 2006 07:28PM

Had the same problem as above - finally got someone to call me back. The company was sold and the new owner has relocated the business to PA. Obviously the move did not go as smoothly as they hoped. They are shipping the orders and are working as fast as they can to get things cleared up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster