I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker Bound Sets
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2006 11:44AM

I just put up a photo of roughly what the new RodMaker Binders will look like.

They will be sized to perfectly fit and hold 6 issues (contents of one volume) and feature interior wires to hold the magazines. No holes need to be punched or drilled and the magazines can be removed and re-inserted without damage or modifications to them or the binder.

Binder color has not been decided at this point but will be dark with white or gold screen printing "RodMaker Magazine" and Volume 8 #X" will be on the spine (and no, you cannot prevent magazine twist by binder spine orientation). They will be quite attractive. I wouldn't do them unless I was sure they'd look nice.

The price will be $44.95 per volume which includes all 6 issues from a given volume, the deluxe binder plus priority mail shiipping via USPS. Not a bad deal. 6 back issues alone normally would run you $41.70. Expected delivery will be about 3 to 4 weeks from today. You can wait until I announce they've arrived, or pre-order and I'll get your volume/s out as soon as they come in. I had hoped to have some of these in Charlotte, but time did not permit. Checks should be made payable to RodMaker Magazine and mailed to: PO Box 1322, High Point, NC 27261. Volumes available will be #'s 5, 6, 7 and 8. Only 400 sets will be offered on this initial run. More may be done later depending upon demand.

I will have photos made of the binder once they arrive.

I will try and see what I can do on selling just the binders for those who already own complete volume sets. Biggest problem is cost - the things run me $10 each and by the time I ship we'd be looking at nearly $15 to $18 just for the binder alone. But I'll run it through my head and see what I can come up with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker Bound Sets
Posted by: John Dow (---.245.167.97.Dial1.Stamford1.Level3.net)
Date: February 19, 2006 11:53AM

How far back can I get the volumes ? Can the binders be purchased back to vol. 1 ? I have the last 3 volumes and some back issues , but would like to get some of the older ones .

Got Fish ?

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2006 02:51PM

Only back to Volume 5.

Posted by: Leon Mack (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2006 03:26PM

I have most of what is available but would not mind at all buying enough binders to store what I have. Your projected pricing on binders sounds fine to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster