I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Monty Bamboo / Wood Boat Rod?
Posted by: David Coleman (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 01:26PM

I was given 3 old Montigue fishing rods. I think they might be what I call "boat rods", but am not sure if that's what they are called. I want to sell them on @#$%& but not sure how to list them.

2 of the rods are about 5 feet long, the 3rd 6 feet. 2 piece with wood pineapple grips fore and aft of the reel seat. There are opposing guides on top and on the bottom and a funky looking tip-top that allows the line to be treaded on top or bottom. I can't read the labels, but they are definatly Montys from what's left of the labels. They came in socks which had actual mice living in them. How rustic is that??

I'm not trying to sell them here, just wondering what they are called so I can list them. Any help???

Dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monty Bamboo / Wood Boat Rod?
Posted by: allen forsdyke (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 18, 2006 01:32PM

fishing rods origin/type unknown no-reels fishing tackle old rod building

there you go
covers everything most people do it to get the most hits when searches are performed

Posted by: Art Parramoure (---.252.144.251.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: February 18, 2006 06:41PM

Unfortunately the bamboo boat rods do not draw the money that the fly rods do. You may be disappointed.

Tight lines ~ ~

Posted by: David Coleman (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 09:20PM

Oh, I know these rods are Junk, I just want them gone. If I can get a few bucks, cool....

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2006 11:44PM

Probably not worth the shipping but good luck!
Sounds like a couple fancy reamers to me!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: February 19, 2006 07:05PM

If I remember right on those old rods they had the opposing guide setup on the so you could reverse the line when the blank started taking a set one way or the other.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 08:08AM

Spencer - correct. That was the idea and the reason for the saddle tip

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster