I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RodMaker Reception
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2006 10:56AM

After the National Rod Builders Show closes for the day on Saturday (5:30PM) there will be a reception held upstairs in the seminar room area (room 203B) for everyone who has attended the show that day. There is no charge to attend the reception and free refreshments will be served. Roughly 400+ door prizes will be given away. There is nothing to buy. Prizes range from a complete Renzetti Master Rod Lathe (provided by RodMaker Magazine) to items as simple as spools of thread. Everyone will receive something - I can pretty much guarantee that this year.

The reception will start around 6PM. This year I'm having the room set up a little differently so we can handle a larger crowd and have things flow a little better. We'll have refreshment tables down the center of the room with two lines moving on each side. This should be much better than last year when we had the two round tables and nobody could figure out how to get in there to get a little something to eat.

The registration table will be upstairs so we can start getting people their name tags and door prize tickets while the room is being set up. Once inside, we'll take 30 minutes to unwind and socialize and then we'll get started giving away the door prizes.

I've put most of the prizes up on the website but several companies have told me that they'll be bringing stuff for the reception but aren't yet sure exactly what items they'll bring. Just figure there will be a ton of stuff there.

This year everyone will get two tickets as they enter the room - an orange ticket for the general door prizes, and a red one for a chance on the Renzetti lathe which will be given away last. So everybody will have a chance on the grand prize, even if they have won something earlier.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RodMaker Reception
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 13, 2006 11:00AM

Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 13, 2006 12:02PM

Notice:

Clyde Gator and family will be quietly and reverently working the Reception Crowd PRIOR to the Renzetti Lathe drawing. They will be making descrete offers of a nominal amout of cash for all RED tickets. Your cooperaion in surrendering the winning ticket will be greatly appreciated!

The Swamp Boyz

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 13, 2006 09:47PM

Bill,

If I win that Renzetti you can have my ticket, No Charge! Maybe this year you can apply some "stickie" to my grand prize ticket. In fact I think I am going to bring a few items to donate to the Kintrina fund.

Ed Smith

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 14, 2006 05:42PM

Bill after the drawing, get up with me I may give you a cut rate deal on my ticket

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2006 05:43PM by Steve Gardner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster