I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

v3 # 4 help
Posted by: Danny Bui (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 12, 2006 01:50AM

how do i go about finding this issue of v3 #4 rodmarkermagazine also which volume have butt wrap help for beginner thank danny :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2006 01:51AM by danny bui.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: v3 # 4 help
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 12, 2006 02:31AM

Click on the Rodmaker Magazine link on the left and go to the Back Issues page!

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: February 12, 2006 09:15AM

I think Tom told us maybe two months ago that all but the most back issues are now in the hands of another party that you must use to get something that far back. Don't remember a post saying who or where.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 12, 2006 09:43AM

DANNY - Back Issue RMM-V3(#4) has not been available for several months.

TO ALL - RMM Back-Issues Volume 1-4 are no longer available from RMM or TK. TK has had to sell them to another vender, for lack of storage capacity. Only the Issues listed below may still be available anyway. The rest of the RMM Back-Issues are NO LONGER AVAILABLE:
Volume 1: Issues #3, 5
Volume 2: Issues #1, 2 and 5
Volume 3: Issues #1, 2, 5 and 6
Volume 4: Issues #2, 3, 4 and 5

I have not noticed any updates in the last 8 weeks on where to get a hold of these older Back-Issues. If anyone knows, please report. The BIG SHOW in Charlotte is less than 12 days away, and I suspect no real news on RMM Back-Issues would be available until March 2006.

RMM VOLS 5++ should be available in good supply as Back Issues $7 each. www.rodmakermagazine.com

This information was Posted 8 weeks ago: For Full Text, See:
[www.rodbuilding.org]
Back Issues, going, going, gone...
Tom Kirkman (Moderator) Dec. 10, 2005 07:28PM
With each new issue of RodMaker, I order an extra 1500 copies so that I'll have back issues to offer for awhile. Unfortunately, this takes a toll on my available space and I'm suddenly confronted with the fact that I have no more room to store them. So, I'm cutting the remainder of the first 4 years of RodMaker loose. I'm arranging a sale to a company that specializes in back issues of various older magazines. These will turn up again, somewhere by somebody, but I have no idea what they'll sell for or when they'll be available.

I won't be offering any back issues from the first 4 volumes of RodMaker ever again. I just have to make some room and for what I make on these it's not economically feasible to rent additional storage space just for warehousing back issues.

Here are the issues that remain available (most are originals - a few are color reproductions). You can view the contents of each issue on the back issue page at the RodMaker website - www.rodmakermagazine.com

Volume 1: Issues #3, 5
Volume 2: Issues #1, 2 and 5
Volume 3: Issues #1, 2, 5 and 6
Volume 4: Issues #2, 3, 4 and 5

Sometime the following week I'll finalize plans to sell whatever remains. At this point I cannot say what the company will sell them for, or how soon they'll make them available.

RodMaker volumes 5 and up will continue to be in good supply and should be available through the website for some time to come. -TK / RMM / RBO

DANNY – RBO has an enormous database of over 180,000 Replies to some 30, 000 Threads. LEARN to use it well. Also LEARN what is in the RBO FAQS, GLOSSARY, LIBRARY ARTICLES, and RMM-INDEX. Also check in your Rod-Building Books. It is easy to forget what is in there, if you have not read it recently. THEN POST your question to the Forum, if the SEARCH is TMI (Too Much Information) or the other references do not answer your question. …

For PRODUCT information, do yourself a huge favor and get hard copies of several Suppliers & Manufacturers 2006 Catalogs. Choose from the RBO Sponsors LINKS at LEFT. At least get MudHoles and FishSticks4U. MH has good illustrations and an R-B Primer up front. FS4U carries BATSON (RainShadow & ForeCast Rod Blanks & Components; and American Tackle TITANS) products. Batson Rod Blanks are some of the best values in the entire custom rod-building industry and well worth your familiarity. Learn to read the Rod Specifications Tables, and the Model # Codes for Blanks & Components. Go to Fuji’s website for Ring Sizes and Height Charts. And for Butt Wraps, consult the R-B books (Clemens, Kirkman, etc.), and the Videos. And visit the RBO PHOTO GALLERY. There are many hundreds of Photos of inspiring rods & wraps for your consideration there. It is next to impossible to learn Butt Wraps from the Forum without visuals – you have to have illustrations, which cannot be transmitted in a Forum which is TEXT-oriented. -Good Luck, -Cliff Hall+++

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2006 11:56AM by Cliff Hall.

Date: February 12, 2006 11:51AM

thank guys ,i was wanting to cue in The FUGI CONCEPT

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 12, 2006 11:58AM

Danny,

The concept guide system used by most builders is NOT the Fuji system, which, IMO is very flawed. The one that most use is the New Concept Guide System. There is a complete article on it in the Library at the top of this page. Lot of good info there!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: February 12, 2006 12:08PM

Thank Mike ,i was reading like 20 times already and like Tom said more info.on it in the issue v3#4 that the reason i was looking for it .My first rod so i wanted to know as much as i can to do it right the first time .thank all Danny:)

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: February 12, 2006 12:19PM

DANNY BUI at <[email protected]>

Did you say you want to zoom in on the FUJI CONCEPT Guide Spacing. method(s), ...? You will find PLENTY, if not too much, info on this subject.

You need to go to the RBO LIBRARY and read Tom Kirkmans Primer on it. It is also referred to as the INTERSECT METHOD.

Do a SEARCH = "INTERSECT" [Message Body + Subject] LAST YEAR.

You will find a LOT of further discussion on this Intersect Method. It is a very useful and practical method, but it is only a part of the whole determination of proper guide placement. Recognize its limits and how it cooperates with other important guide placement considerations as you go along. ... You have to start somewhere, and TK's Intersect method is a good choice. -Cliff Hall+++

P.S. - Danny, I re-edited my REPLY (ABOVE) to include some other very useful advice, since your e-ddress is HIDDEN. Check it out, Danny. - Later, Gator, ... -Cliff Hall+++ cmkmhall@ufl.edu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2006 12:29PM by Cliff Hall.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster