I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charlotte "High Noon" - The "Battle of the Flocking Guns"
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 10:19AM

Charlotte Flocking Workshop

12:00 Noon Saturday & Sunday

The Workshop time constraints require a tight schedule. The following outline describes the program content.

If you have plans to attend, please be on time. The session will go quickly.

Copies of the printed text will be available, in the Swampland and Trondak Booths, prior to the Workshop. The Workshop Power Point presentation will match the contents of the printed text.

Introduction of Participants: Ralph O'Quinn, Italo Busi, Ed Smith, Bill Stevens

Technical &Marketing Presentation: 25 Minutes:

Text will aid in marketing of flocked grips.

Comparative samples, of each stage, of the process will be circulated for group comparison. You will be invited to cut, scrape, gouge, bite, squeeze, eyeball, photograph, soak, peel or whatever you feel is necessary to decide if the surfaces meet your expectations. Please bring your own Tools of Mass Destruction!

You can compare samples done with all available application procedures, varying fiber length and color.

Work Plans Detailed:

Preparation of Cork
Sealing of Cork
Adhesive Application
Application of Flock Fibers

Containment, Materials, Other Substrate, Optional Procedures

Demonstrations - 20 Minutes (Canister, Spray & Electrostatic)

You will be able to observe all three application methods.

Canister - Ed Smith

Spray - Italo Busi, Bill Stevens

Electrostatic - Ralph O'Quinn

Group Comment 15 Min

All the “Flockers” are invited to "Hook Up and Chew the Jerky" at the table flying the "Meet The Flockers" banner in the Refreshment Area. Maybe we can kill the “real snakes” while resting our feet and chewing on Jerky. Clyde de Gator will make random personal appearances with his family!

Soon!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charlotte "High Noon" - The "Battle of the Flocking Guns"
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 12:45PM

The Swampland's booth will be on the "do not miss list" for sure. I want to see how the bearded guy yankee from New York "fits in " with the bayou boys!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2006 01:09PM

...he's not allowed to leave teh booth.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 01:28PM

Michael ... you must have picked up your "skills" (T e h ) from Billy ... Is it a NERBS requirement? LOL

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2006 01:39PM

...I didn't even notice that! Thats kind of scary...must be a virus. lol

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 02:59PM

No! You cannot bite, chew, or cut on the EVA/Hypalon grips I will fock with the canister. I will show a rod that a dog tried to eat and how flocking can solve/repair a Hypalon rod. You can wash it with water all you want.

Ed Smith

Posted by: Mick McComesky (---.245.87.201.Dial1.StLouis1.Level3.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 09:44AM

T E H... I don't care who you are, that's funny right there... hahahhah

This flocking demonstration by itself makes the show worth it. With everything else that will be going on, I'm fit to be tied that I can't make it there. I had all but booked a flight when things went south. Y'all better take some good notes!!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 12, 2006 10:39AM

Mick, If I can talk Bill out of it, I'll grab a copy of his handout for you!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster