I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

National Rod Show Floor Plan
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: February 10, 2006 11:22AM

Secure in the knowledge that I have left somebody out and that a few minor changes may yet be made, I have posted the tentative floor plan on the photo page. I will most likely have to update it with a minor change or two in the next day or so. But for now, you can find it here:

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 04:41PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: National Rod Show Floor Plan
Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 02:25PM

Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast Product lines " Team " is looking forward to this Geat Event.. We have supported this show now for 3 years and plan on having another great showing. As you can see by the layout we have a 50' space, now I need to coordinate how I am going to get all the stuff we are bringing into that space. We will have everything that we carry (in stock ) at this show, we encourage everyone to come and Shake & Feel our entire product line. We encourage questions to be asked, even the simplest ones, ask us our opinion on anything and we will give it to you. We will have 6 "TEAM" members working the booth, these are direct Employees of Batson Enterprises. These are not Sales Reps, these are actual hands on "Team Members". My two top salesmen ( Karry Batson, Josh Constant) Who are also experienced Rodbuilders & Fishermen. Blank inspector ( Guy Tate - Will have a labtop demonstation on the proceedure used to inspect every shipment of blanks and who is also a fishemen) , Warranty / Customer service ( Matt Nelson - Will be bringing samples of warrantied blanks & Non Warranty blanks ) who is also a rodbuilder & professional NW fishing Guide. And of course Mark Crouse ( IMHO ) one of the Top Weavers in the World, also a Fishermen..And lastly myself - Rodbuilder, Fishermen & Commited Totally to the Industry - Thanks in full to My Father Bob Batson ( 1947 - 2003 ).
We will have 2 Major Distributors at the show ( CUSTOM TACKLE SUPPLY & FISH STICKS 4 U ) where you will be able to purchase our products from. To support our distributors we encourage that you ask US all the questions ( As I am sure they will be extremly busy selling ) , Figure out what Batson Products you desire, we will actually write down the part #'s & Qty's on an order form so they can fill it in an easy & timely manner. Everything you will need from Blank, butt cap to tip top.. I encourage that you come and get our catalogs, go through them, pick out the items you would like to see & feel and then come back and ask us. Our product line is too extensive to try to see everything, unless you spend both days at our booth..
We are here for the Industry & the "ART Of Rodbuilding". We need your support to keep the " VISION ALIVE" .
Please help by supporting our distributors...
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us or one of our Authorized Distributors.
Thank you.
Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast Products
877-875-2381
batson@batsonenterprises.com
www.batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 10, 2006 02:43PM

Tom do you know exactly when the final floorplan will be available? I'll wait till then to print it out.

Bill in WV

Date: February 10, 2006 02:57PM

This is about it. I have to switch St. Croix and Renzetti but that should do it.

There were so many special requests ("put me next to so and so, keep me away from so and so., don't put me next to another dealer, I don't want to be next to a blank manufacturer, etc., etc.") It was like working a puzzle. But everybody that paid for a corner got one and most of the special requests were honored, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2006 03:04PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 10, 2006 03:18PM

Much appreciated. I'm glad we got a corner booth, as I can now shoot spitballs at Andy Dear on a diagonal angle, and he'll never know who is doing it. Great job putting it together, seems like a well rounded group of Vendors - new companiees, long standing companies - all in all a great bunch of people.

I'm looking foward to speaking to the Reps at Goodwin Lighting - I have an old Fly Tying Lighting System which I attach to my Supports, I was going to contact them regarding this....but now it's going to be a lot easier to do so.

Date: February 10, 2006 07:40PM

Well now I'm told there is building support post in booth 3 in row R, so the whole back row will have to be shuffled. Oh well.

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 08:14PM

Thanks for the floor plan. As long as I can make a bee-line to Andy's garbage cans, I'll be very happy - me and lots of others! Bound to draw a crowd.

Stan

Date: February 10, 2006 09:25PM

Well, those will be easy to find no matter where his booth ends up.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 10:04PM

Stan,

We'll have a race to the trash cans. Who ever gets there first can tackle the cans and sent the rods flying. Sorry to learn about Andy's loss.

Billy,

Don't fire your ammo at Swampland unit I have backlashed all of their rods. I am the greatest backlasher in the world! Bring your camera for the Bill Stevens vs. Rick Flair match. Instead of blood, Flair will see flock. Bill's promise! (Beware Flair might even show up because Bill insulted him about his bloody face-I hope Bill is prepared)

Tom,

I had to go get a magnifying glass to read where Andy Dear would be. Also had to clean my glasses. Just what old age does to ones eyes. If you rearrange please post so I can beat Stan to the Trash Cans.

I would like to know who is not looking forward to this great event!

Ed Smith

Date: February 10, 2006 10:06PM

Just click on the photo and it will magically enlarge!

Date: February 10, 2006 10:55PM

Thanks Tom,

Much easier to read.

We are to get 3-5 inches of snow tonite. Hope HP and Charlotte don't get it on the 25 &26. Putter and Mike Barkely can leave that stuff in Yankee Land.

I'm going to stay home, flock a few grips for the show and talk to Bill Stevens and hope I don't have to plow out.

Ed

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 11, 2006 12:13PM

Thank goodness this year I'm farther away from Bob and Custom Tackle Supply. That man can sell snow to eskimos - and they think they got a deal! Rolling on the floor laughing out loud. Actually Bob is a show in and of himself - a great guy to deal with going out of his way to make sure the customer is happy.

Date: February 11, 2006 03:08PM

Very true Ken! I just want you to demo how you did/do that twisted thread butt wrap. You don't know how much I learned at your demos and your DVD that I won at the reception! This one looks to far excede last year! Thank goodness Putter will not be in your booth to mess things up. I don't want to be around when Ralph fires him.

Ed Smith

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster