I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dan Craft FTL blanks
Posted by: charles segal (---.sympatico.ca)
Date: February 08, 2006 08:19PM

Can't find Dan Craft FTL's in his catalogue, though I understand they're available. Could someone post what's available? I'm looking for a multi-piece 9ft., 4 weight that's light in the hand medium-fast in action, and not too pricey. Any suggestions? Thanks.. Charles

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dan Craft FTL blanks
Posted by: Keith Tymchuk (---.sea.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 08:47PM

Sounds like the 8'4 or the 8'9 4 wt Sig V. is also just what you're looking for! Delicious!

Keith

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 09:47PM

The blanks are listed in the catalog on pages 11- 14. You may have to allow some time to download

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 10:36PM

Dan had some problems getting more Sig V blanks, I sent him an email to see what he has left not to long ago. The new FTL blanks last I heard were coming in slowly but surely, the first in were the 3 wts that were so popular in the old Sig III series. They are 5 and 6 piece blanks. I imagine he'll update the catalog when he can.

Posted by: Dan L Craft (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: February 10, 2006 11:58PM

I just received a new shipment of FTL blanks! I now have, in stock, FTL8035 8'0" 5pc 3wt, FTL8036 8'0" 6pc 3wt, FTL9046 9'0" 6pc 4wt and FTL9056 9'0" 6pc 5wt.

I have labels for the 8'0" models but the labels did not arrive yet for the 9'0"ers. If you want to get started right away, call me with your order and I will ship the labels when they come (if you need them).

These are sweet blanks in a medium fast action. The 8'ers were a big hit at San Mateo and out cast some big name rods! I wish I could have had some 9'0"ers there.

The website will be down for a while for a complete rebuild so if you need a price list just e-mail me.
Thanks!

Dan Craft
Dan Craft Enterprises
Five Rivers rod blanks

Posted by: Randy van Vliet (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: February 14, 2006 12:19PM

Dan,

I 'm not sure what is meant by "out cast some big name rods!" What is the material and the modulus of this 8 foot blank... I'm looking for something in weight and length like this, but I've found that an IM-6 blank that's around 33M modulus works best with the casting stroke and fishing opportunites I come across in the Golden Trout Wilderness areas of the High Sierras that I fish here in Central CA.

Can you advise the material and modulus of your blanks? Thanks in advance.

Randy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster