I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Northwest Get Together
Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 11:45AM

The Northwest rod building get together will again be the 7th, 8th, and 9th of April. Lamiglas is again graciously hosting the event at their plant in Woodland Washington which is about 30 miles north of Portland Oregon.
We are still working out the details but there will be a number of presentations and demonstrations, and larger displays of the products, especially the new products, from several manufacturers and distributors.
There will be more information available as we work out all of the details. Anyone that is interested in attending e-mail Todd Vivien at [[email protected]] to register. There is no charge and the get together is not affiliated with any organized group. It is just a get together of both experienced and novice rod builders to share information and techniques and generally have a good time.
Last year it was a lot of fun, we had 97 people attend, and this year we are expecting 20 to 30 more than last year so it should be even more fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2006 11:46AM by Emory Harry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Northwest Get Together
Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 12:39PM

I'll be there, Emory. I got an invite from Mike Wong in Portland to stay with him and drive back and forth (he says it's 45 minutes). I'm looking forward to being there and meeting you, too. I've emailed Todd Vivian and he's aware of it, too.

Putter
Williston, ND

Date: February 01, 2006 12:45PM

Putter,
That is great. I look farward to meeting you as well. How would you like to do a marbling demo for us? If there is anything that you need in the way of equipment or materials I am sure that we can get it together for you if you can not bring it with you.

Posted by: James Mello (---.haydrian.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 01:06PM

Hecks yes I'll be there. It'll be nice to meet other PNW guys at the Lami plant :)

BTW, if you haven't done a tour of the manufacturing process, it's definately worth a look see. The lady that does the rod wrapping is *RIDICULOUSLY* fast at getting guides wrapped on a rod!

Date: February 01, 2006 02:13PM

Emory, I'll email you to the side, but, yes, Todd has asked me to do a marbling demonstration and possibly more (feathers?), also.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: February 01, 2006 03:14PM

Emory, good luck coordinating this event. It sounds like you guys had a great Get Together last year, and will have an even better one this year.

Date: February 01, 2006 03:30PM

Billy,
Yes I am sure that we will have a great time. We are even going to have a couple of the icons of rod building there, Doc Ski and Ralph O'Quinn.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 08:27PM

Now that would be interesting indeed ... Doc and Ralph ... Makes me wish I lived in the center like Putter!

Date: February 01, 2006 09:36PM

Ken,
We are expecting you to show up this year. You said that you were going to come last year and flaked out on us. We have a demonstration all ready for you to do. It is titled How To Apply Epoxy With Your Dog's Tail. We thought that you were most likely the worlds expert on this subject.

We expect your presentation and Bob Balcomb's spelling Bee to be the high lights of the week-end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2006 09:39PM by Emory Harry.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 10:10PM

I will try not to spend all my money in Charlotte and make the trip. April should be good fishing weather too

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 11:21PM

Hey, Ken-if I'm in the center, how come I'd never met another rod builder until Charlotte last year? LOL!!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: February 02, 2006 10:51AM

Hey Ken,
I think it is actually cheaper to fly from the left coast than the middle. Especially ND, is there even an airport in North Dakota Putter?

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Date: February 02, 2006 11:07AM

Haven't found one yet; my arms sure got tired about the time I hit Minneapolis last February, too...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.)
Date: February 03, 2006 12:57AM

Just booked my flight. This works out great ! I can attend the get together and visit my daughter at Oregon State.

Date: February 03, 2006 11:54AM

Glad to hear it Dennis, where are you coming from?

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Dennis Papike (---.broadband.oakhurst.)
Date: February 03, 2006 12:04PM

Hi Todd,
I'll be coming up from Central California, I live just outside the south gate to Yosemite National Park.

Date: February 03, 2006 12:17PM

Well, we look forward to you attending.

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster