I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Tackle Supply E-mails
Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.r09.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: January 31, 2006 10:49AM

Without going into a very long and in-depth post, we need to let everyone know that we have been expierencing "Tremendous", problems with our e-mail system, on and off for the past several weeks. As it turns out, lots of e-mail messages and orders have been, for some strange reason deverted to our junk e-mail box?? Why, we do not even know and it was for some time this was occuring, that we did not even realize it. Now that we have figured it out and back tracked most orders it does have us extemely behind on shipping. We are working long hours trying to play catch-up. I know we have missed some e-mail messages and orders, so if you have sent either to us, you might want to contact us via phone at 931-684-6164, just to check and see. This is a prime example of the modern day, way of doing business, that is not a foul-proof system. We know we have missed some of your messages, because when those messages or orders were sent over the past couple of weeks or so, they could have went to our junk mail box, which only holds those messages for 24 hours and then deletes them, so we had no way of knowing you folks have contacted us. We are working hard to catch back up and checking the e-mail messages and junk box eacha dn every hour. We appreciate your patience in twith this huge problem and we will overcome this.

Thank You -- Bob McKamey
Custom Tackle Supply

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Tackle Supply E-mails
Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.spr.choiceone.net)
Date: January 31, 2006 03:41PM

Even with today's great technology...the telephone is still the "hot setup" !

Posted by: Anonymous User (12.13.141.---)
Date: February 01, 2006 06:52PM

You might try the belt and suspenders approach to contacting Bob while the problem is being corrected. Email him your order and follow that with a fax of the same e-mail. This tells him to be on the look out for your order in email and if he cannot find it, he has the fax.

Doug Weber
Weber Rod Works

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.231.14.106.Dial1.Houston1.Level3.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 08:14PM

I feel your pain Brother McCamey...were going through the same mess!

Andy Dear
Lamar Mfg.

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 09:38PM

Thanks to all of you that have took the time to contact us via phone. We appreciate the concern and the words of encouragement to over-come this terrible situation, that has truly affected our business. Most folks are understanding, but some just don't get it. As Harv and Doug have mentioned, nothing is completely foul-proof. The ole phone is still reliable in situations like this. Andy, I hope it all somehow works out for you folks also. Hang in there, try to grin and bear it, even though it's tough when you know you have lost orders and e-mail messages that can't be retrieved. Have'nt sleep any at all lately. The best we can tell, this situation has been occurring for about 3 weeks now and at least 2 weeks of it occured before we even figured out what the heck was going on. What I really do not understand, is there are a lot of folks out there, that must think if you have an on-line web-site to order from, that you do not except phone orders or can't call to speak with a live voice. This extremely puzzles me!! I understand that sometimes it is easier to just order on-line or send an e-mail message after we may be gone from the shop. On the other hand, we have been in business for over 30 years now and have been taking phone orders all that time. I still enjoy talking to our customers and helping them or just jaw jacking with them over the phone. Thanks again to all of those that have took the time out and called us. We appreciate you folks!!

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 09:42PM

I really feel sorry for you guys, but a perfect example of why NOT to ever allow a spam blocker anywhere near your computer!!!!!

I really have never understood why anyone would let a machine decide what E-mail that I get to read

Mike

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.dhcp.jcsn.tn.charter.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 09:55PM

Mike -- We did not even have it turned up, except for the sexually explicit funtion, becuse of my 14 year son being around the shop. Somehow it just started doing this and that is what has us baffled. It was doing it for some time, before we even figured it out, since we had not turned up any of the levels to start with. We are still scratching our heads and lloking for someone that can offer insight here. Then being we did not even know it was happening and mail going to the junk mail box, only stayed there for a day or so, then it would delete the messages or orders automaticly. It's been a mess and what started it is something we we are still baffled over. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Needless to say, I check the junk e-mail box regularly now. Even has me waking up in the middle of the night and checking it from my computer at home. I've been able to maintain my natural hair color at 47, but I believe the grey is coming thru due to the past couple of weeks. But ya know, I sit down and take a break and tell myself I still a fortuante man to have what I have and all you folks as good friends to go along with it !! Again, thanks for ya'lls support during times like this.

Bob McKamey

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 01, 2006 10:08PM

Same story here... I 'upgraded' my service and BLAM! Every password was invalid everywhere! Email "dumped" to bit bucket heaven... I still can't get at the posts to my website "guestbook' . According to the provider of the guestbook they were getting hit with so much IP / web driven auto spammers they simply flipped an "off" switch. Now I have to revalidate the service, re-connect the website and start all over (and all guestbook entries for the past 6 months have been "stored but may not be retrieveable" ... Auto-spammers and blind e-mail (bogus address re-mailers) and associated Fraud.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 01, 2006 10:33PM

By trying to make everything "idiot proof", many ISP's are now trying to "think" for us. At this point, I have no idea what you can do about it! If it were me, I would completely disable it.

Posted by: Reginald Bogwilder (219.232.9.---)
Date: February 04, 2006 06:59PM

It took three weeks of not getting any orders to realize that something was wrong? Wow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster