I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

H&H Rainshadow vs. Batson Rainshadow
Posted by: Lance Black (168.8.176.---)
Date: January 27, 2006 09:46AM

correct me if i am wrong, the Rainshadow Blank Hook and Hackle sells is made in China and the Rainshadow RX series by Batson are made in the USA. Is there not a brand issue there? or naming rights?? just curious. which do you think is better?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: H&H Rainshadow vs. Batson Rainshadow
Posted by: Dan Grulke (---.fairfaxcounty.gov)
Date: January 27, 2006 09:55AM

Baston makes all Rainshadow blanks. There is no brand issue or naming rights because both are made by Batson. The made in China blanks are the current blanks (2005 and newer) and the made in USA or the previous models (pre-2005). For performance v.s cost it would be very difficult to buy a blank better than a Rainshadow. Hope that helps and I hope I got it right.

Dan Grulke

Posted by: Dan Grulke (---.fairfaxcounty.gov)
Date: January 27, 2006 09:55AM

Baston makes all Rainshadow blanks. There is no brand issue or naming rights because both are made by Batson. The made in China blanks are the current blanks (2005 and newer) and the made in USA or the previous models (pre-2005). For performance v.s cost it would be very difficult to buy a blank better than a Rainshadow. Hope that helps and I hope I got it right.

Dan Grulke

Posted by: Lance Black (168.8.176.---)
Date: January 27, 2006 01:00PM

cool thanks alot.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: January 27, 2006 02:17PM

What I always get confused on is Rainshadow/Rainforest LOL!

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: January 27, 2006 03:11PM

Randy,
That was there intention. The Rainshadow came before the Rainforest.....
Bill Batson

Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: January 27, 2006 03:12PM

keep in mind there are different rainshadows available. RX6, RX7+, RX8+, etc. all available through batson enterprises if i'm not wrong.

a lot of people make that mistake, don't they putter????? i know i have...

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Frank Qwertry (---.70-86-172.reverse.theplanet.com)
Date: January 27, 2006 07:45PM

Dan,

Technically Batson does not "make" any rod blanks - they import blanks that are made by a China factory for them. US company’s like St. Croix, Calstar, Seeker, Gloomis, Sage, T&T, GUSA etc actually "make" blanks in their factories in the USA.

Also, Batson is on their third round of blanks (or factory) that is making blanks for them under the Rainshadow line since they opened for business five years ago – first All Star, then Cascade Composites now a China factory. So with 3 factories in 5 years (two domestic and one foreign), when you say you like a Batson Rainshadow blank, you had better qualify the year it was made also. My hat is off to Team Batson for juggling all this. Frank

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster