I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Check out the photo board "Terry Henson's" gallery awesome!!!
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2006 12:46AM

Truly an artist!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Check out the photo board "Terry Henson's" gallery awesome!!!
Posted by: stan mclean (---.lndnnh.adelphia.n)
Date: January 27, 2006 08:39AM

wow, inspiring! thanks for posting the pictures.

Posted by: Bob Turpen (---.nas4.atlanta2.ga.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: January 27, 2006 08:42AM

Looking through Terry's gallery of photos was like watching a fireworks show. . . one ouuuuuahhhhhh after another. What a skilled craftsman he is. Rather humbling, too.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2006 09:03AM

High resolution color photos of Terry's work have appeared in several of the RodMaker Magazine photo galleries. Very nice work.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (67.72.26.---)
Date: January 27, 2006 09:14AM

Terry's stuff is awesome. I just wish he'd post more of it. Eden Bromfield as well. Both guys are top notch craftsmen.

Posted by: Terry Henson (---.arcdca.adelphia.net)
Date: January 27, 2006 11:54PM

Guys, I do not know what to say.....but a very heart felt........... Thank you!

You are a classy group and I hope to meet some of you some time. I love posting here and now I am back after a couple of years of getting settled. Nothing bad happened in my life, just ended up on some bad shifts, lost 50 pounds working out and eating healthy and bought a boat.

I am at peace when I make a rod. I am calm and it humbles me to lay such beautiful feathers in a rod and watch them suddenly make sense to me, I see patterns so clearly sometimes, while at other times, I am stumped. .........................................I am BACK!!!!

I have about 8-10 rods in the works and all are various stages from handles on mandrels waiting to be turned, to one I am adding the feathers to right now. Two are for friends of mine and the rest will stay with me or one or two may be donated. I will post my work and some of it is really dirfferent including a couple of fly enlays that are cool. One interesting one is a black buffalo horn handle that looks great, however casts like crap. I can't hang on to the horn because it so shinny and slick from the polish.........but it looks cool....just a bad idea!

I would like YOU (everyone) to look at my work. I have seen a lot of talented builders and crafstmen on this forum. I want to inspire all of you to try a little somethign different, if you want. Add a piece of wood in your next handle, lay a jungle cock feather in a rod and do whatever, just do it......just try something and you too can make something you can be proud of (most of you already do). But for those that are just beginning or are hestant to try something..........just try it!

Need to know how, ask me. I have no secrets....Life if too short. Sometimes my responses may be slow, but I will eventually get back to you.

Thanks again for all of the nice comments. Classy bunch!

Terry

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 28, 2006 10:00PM

"I would like YOU (everyone) to look at my work. I have seen a lot of talented builders and crafstmen on this forum. I want to inspire all of you to try a little somethign different, if you want. Add a piece of wood in your next handle, lay a jungle cock feather in a rod and do whatever, just do it......just try something and you too can make something you can be proud of (most of you already do). But for those that are just beginning or are hestant to try something..........just try it! "

Great paragraph, more people should see it and heed this advice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster