I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rainshadow rx7 blank color
Posted by: Tom Nair (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:23PM

I just recieved my second rx7 olive green blank. What I noticed right off the bat is that the shade of the blank was quite darker and duller than the first one I purchased. The first blank had nice translucent look like the winston green color where as the second was more olive and not qiute as glassy looking. You still see the ribs but just draber. This blank also had no lable but did have a warranty card which doesen't seem right. On my first blank I had to peel the lable off because it was on the butt section. I did get this from one of the sponcers. Have any of you noticed blank differances such as the these? Thanks Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rainshadow rx7 blank color
Posted by: eric zamora (216.101.134.---)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:27PM

are you sure you're not mixing up your rainshadow with your rainforest blanks??? :-) i've always wondered if the "olive green" was a true olive green as opposed to an emerald green or the previous rainforest green, which is now darker i read.

eric
fresno, ca.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:37PM

Tom,
I build a lot of rods from Rainshadow blanks and I suspect what you are seeing is the difference between the Rainshadow blanks built by Cascade and the Rainshadow blanks that are built in China. I have also noticed a difference in the color but have been very satisfied with the blanks built in China.

Posted by: Tom Nair (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:34PM

You probrobly hit it on the nose Emory. This did not cross my mind. I think the emerald was nicer. Where can you still get this blank?

Posted by: Lyman Yee (67.189.60.---)
Date: January 24, 2006 01:28AM

I've experienced the same thing but with the matte black color. I had a rod custom built for me 2 yrs ago and it is quite glossy for a matte finish. The Rainshadow rod I'm building now, also RX-7, is extremely dull. I don't know about the first blank, but this one did have the sticker on the butt section. It also made me wonder if the builder had applied some sort of finish.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.olympus.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 10:18AM

Tom,
This concerns me that the blank did not come with a decal. All Rainshadow/Forecast blanks should come with a Decal on the butt section and a warranty card. If you get a Rainshadow/Forecast blank that does not have a decal & warranty card from one of our Authorized Distributors please contact them and ask why. If there are any problems please feel free to contact Batson Enterprises directly.
If anyone ever has any questions in regards to Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow/Forecast product lines please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for all of your support

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises
Rainshadow/Forecast Product lines
877-875-2381 = toll free
batson@batsonenterprises.com = E-Mail
www.batsonenterprises.com = web site..

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2006 10:29AM

Listen to what Bill is telling you - all first quality blanks from any of the various well known manufacturers should come with a decal/label and warranty/header card. If they do not, beware. Ask questions. Your blank may be fine but we have entered the day and age where counterfit and mis-represented blanks are rapant, particularly with regard to internet sales.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster