I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Pinnacle Rod Guides
Posted by: Chris Karp (---.netpenny.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:50AM

Pinnacle Rods (Silstar/Korea) have a reoccuring habit of making one off custom guides for their production rods, that are difficut to replace. Case in point they made an IMT series rod some 4-5 or so years back with gold frame guides with gold cermet rings (gold on gold). No Mfg offers that exact guide as a possible replacement and I have spoken with David Moon from Silistar in an attempt to aquire some with no success to date. I am looking for a single foot size 25 (preffered) or a 30 spinning guide (gold on gold IMT series)

More recently Silstar came out with a "Ti" series rod utilizing Tri Wing Guides that have a black frame encircling a gold cermet Tri-oval ring. Again finding matching replacement guides is a nightmare. I had occasion to work in a Retail Fishing enviroment and use to gleen a couple of these guides with corresponding tips (for the IMT's also) from broken rods destine to be sent back to the mfg, so to allow for this sort of emergencey replacement (Sort of like premeptivly having all your Foghorn feathers numbered) You can't get one of everything. I am in need of a double foot black framed Tri-oval gold cermet ringed size 7 guide and (2) Two tip tops size 6.5 64ths barrel with a 7 mm Tri-oval ring. I can find a close enough replacement using black chrome framed with a (round) 7 mm gold cermet ring that may have to suffice.

If any of You fellow rainy day component horders out there have any of the indicated yet, seldom seen varmits in your guide drawer please be kind enough to contact me, it would be greatly appreciated and I humbly thank you in advance. Send any possible responces to gigmassa@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Pinnacle Rod Guides
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 01:56PM

D & E Rods in Battleground, WA used to have a Pac Bay guide he had specially done for him that was gold/gold. When I get home I'll see if I can find Vern Dollar and see if he still has some.

Re: Custom Pinnacle Rod Guides
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 04:25PM

I got one in for repair yesterday that has a holographic ring in a frame that looks like the Fuji Alconite frame. This rod has a REC Butt cap and a real nice chrome winding check. It is a pretty well build rod and the only curious thing is all but one of the guide rings has popped out and they do not look like they have been stepped on. I am going to replace the whole set of guides and tip. These rods are pretty unique for a production run rod. I have Forecast, Amtak, Fuji, and Pac Bay guides and these things do not match up with any. They appear to be the thin coated stainless Fuji frames like come with the Alconites and have holo guide rings. They do not match up with anything I have.

Do you know shose blank this is? Silstar Custom 7 foot popping matte black.

Gon Fishn

Gon Fishn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster