I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Top Reasons...
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 16, 2006 09:40AM

I got an email from a rod builder last evening, asking me to give him 5 good reasons why he should travel halfway across the Country to attend the National Rod Builders Show. He wasn't being obstinate - just really wanted to know if it would possibly be worth the time and expense to come out to the event.

There wasn't any problem coming up with 5 good reasons and I thought I'd share them here for anyone else contemplating traveling any real distance to attend.

1. There is hardly any product made or offered today for the custom rod building market that won't be at the National Rod Builders Show. Any blank you've ever wanted to flex or shake, any reel seat you've ever wanted to turn the hood nut on, any guide you've ever wanted to see in person, any lathe, wrapping jig or weaving loom you would like to try before you buy. They'll all be at the show. Any finish or adhesive, any cork or EVA, just about anything made today for the rod building market will be on hand at this event. And, most of it will be avaiable for sale at prices that less than you'd normally pay.

2. The educational aspect of the event cannot be overlooked. The number and quality of seminars and demonstrations we have on tap is unparalleled. Many rod builders will find that they'll learn more in this single weekend than they have or will be able to learn on their own in a full decade.

3. Rod builders, rod builders and more rod builders. We hear so much about the sharing of information among builders. It only stands to reason that the more rod builders you have at any event, the more experience and knowledge you'll also have there. Less is certainly not more in this regard! Plus, the comraderie, friendships and helpfulness of the builders there is more than a little surprising for most first timers. Any question you have, any problems you may be experiencing - somebody at the show will have an answer for you.

4. The number of vendors adds more than just a lot of product to the show. This is the one place where you can personally talk to many of the company owners, designers, formulators, etc., that actually manufacture the products we all use in our rod building endeavors. No middle men - here you get to speak to the very people who design and make this stuff.

5. The RodMaker Reception might be pretty worthwhile to attend while you're here. There is no charge to get in and you'll be able to unwind from Saturday's activities with food and drink, on the house. Not only that, but you'll be automatically entered to win any of nearly 100 door prizes given away during the 2 hour social event. Prizes include a Renzetti Master Rod Lathe and an American Tackle Professional Rod Wrapping Machine.

Lots of other reasons as well, but these are the ones that quickly come to mind. Is it worth a long distance trip? Only you can decide that for yourself, but if you enjoy rod building and have been thinking of attending any sort of rod building show or event, I just don't see anything else even beginning to compare in size, scope or quality to this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Top Reasons...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 10:27AM

Any rodbuilder who happens to go to the Show in Charlotte will realize, maybe for the first time, the true potential for our craft. The shear size of the event factually demonstrates the real size and potential of the market for building custom rods. The manufacturers and vendors current product lines indicate that the industry is not stuck in the mud and has a potential for significant growth. Any custom builder who attends can easily associate the sights and sounds with an increase in his efforts and business. If you must try to compare this to another show you had better think along the lines of a Vegas big time Trade Show. This is definitely not a weekend club meeting!

If the earlier posts are not a good enough reason you can alway say you went to have a photo taken with Clyde de Gator who will be in a position to take on all comers!

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Gon Fishn

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 11:26AM

Visual stimuli...I want to see other custom rods, and other styles of craftsmenship incorporated into rodbuilding. Hopefully there'll be more than ten custom rods on display on the show floor. Seeing is learning.

48 hours of rodbuilding, rodbuilding, rodbuilding...for someone afflicted( speaking strickly for myself) to what some, but not all, refer to as an "addiction"...what better place than Charlotte to get a huge "dose" of rodbuilding in one shot.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 05:11PM

Tom,

I got one problem with your five reasons: No one person can take in all the demos, seminars, information sharing, shake rods and look at all the other rodbuilding "goodies" at bargin prices in two days. I tried to figure out how to make it to all the seminars that I wanted to attend and I still can work them all into a schedule. Try to work it out even though some are given twice and you still can't do it. Mission impossible!

Speaking of Demos; Are you going to come out with some type of schedule? Are you going to demo guide foot prep?

I would be very surprised if anyone who attends this show can honestly come away saying that they did not learn something that they previously did not know. This year already looks bigger and better than last year.

Ed Smith

Posted by: jimmy glenn (---.delta.com)
Date: January 19, 2006 08:40AM

seminar schudule

[home.earthlink.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster