I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Skikari Blanks
Posted by: jeff miller (---.amerhonda.com)
Date: January 16, 2006 12:06AM

Any thoughts in general on Shikari blanks ?

Looking at their glass blank SP7315 for downriggers

Thanks Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skikari Blanks
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 12:44AM

Very nice blanks, have not used that model.

Posted by: Pavel Novolokin (---.pppoe.mtu-net.ru)
Date: January 16, 2006 01:53PM

Jeff,

As to Shikari blanks in general, I'm with Spencer: they are very nice stuff

Pavel,
Moscow, RU

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.119.---)
Date: January 16, 2006 03:43PM

I hear both pro and con on Shikari stuff. I've never actually seen one in person but really would like to. They seem to be on the cutting edge.

Personally I was really bummed that they aren't going to be at the national show in Charlotte next month. I was sort of hoping to get a good look and feel at some of their fly and light spin rods models. I think they're really missing out on a great opportunity to strut their stuff in front of the world's largest custom rod building market, but I guess St. Croix and CTS will pick up the slack there easy enough.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 05:45PM

HI Jeff,
I've built on more than a few of the SHII popping blanks and have had no complaints at all.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 16, 2006 07:52PM

I"ve used a few over the years and always felt they were very light for the amount of power. Very crisp and very good quality. I like them a lot.

I also regret that they won't be in Charlotte at the world's largest gathering of custom rod builders. In fact, I'm not even sure that any of the dealers attending the event are Shikari dealers. This makes Shikari one of the few blank manufacturers that won't have some sort of presence there. Maybe next year. You'd almost certainly like their product.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 12:51AM

My own personal favorite walleye jigging rod is on a Shikari SHXi blank (no longer made). It is extremely sensitive and beautiful. Light, crisp, and WAY more power than it would ever take to whip the largest walleye in this frog pond in North Dakota.

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster