I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Yeoman Service
Posted by: Tim Stephens (---.propel.com)
Date: January 13, 2006 08:01PM

Got to give thanks where thanks is due.

Over the last year it became apparent that someone at my post office was pilfering every single edition of my Rodmaker magazine. Just to make a long story short, Tom Kirkman priority mailed me all the missing copies Priority Mail, and ain't asked for a dime of the extra costs. When my current subscription expires this next year, don't you know that when I resubscribe I will gladly add something extra to share the cost that neigther he or I should bear.

Then there is Andy Dear. I begin to see why so many here sing his praises. I needed a particular item for my current project. Don't you know that he instantly send the part to make sure I had it before the weekend. He jumps on your piddling little problem and nips it in the bud in any why he can. He understands the frustration of getting the right part ASAP, even when he can't possibly make but a few pennies profit. Indeed, the next commission for a rod I get, I will order from Andy first anything appropriate that he carries or can get for me.

Just two of the "GET-ER-DONE" kind of people we have the pleasure to do business with here on the rodbuilding board.

And for all the others listed on the left. Know I have received far better than average service from a dozen or more I have ordered from. The quality of service in this craft just seems head and shoulders above the norm.

What a wonderful hobby. What a wonderful business.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yeoman Service
Posted by: Andy Dear (216.198.62.---)
Date: January 13, 2006 10:10PM

Hey Doc. ...what a wonderful compliment to be compared to Larry the Cable Guy!

Seriously I love that guy!

Thanks for the kind words Tim, they are much appreciated!

Regards and Git-R-Done!!!!

Andy Dear
Lamar Mfg.

Posted by: Lynn Huffman (---.dialup6.community-web.net)
Date: January 13, 2006 10:11PM

Tim,
I couldn't agree more. Tom and Andy are really special people, as are most of the suppliers that we have as sponsors on this board. It's truly a pleasure to be involved with and gain advice from all of the suppliers and master builders that inhabit this board. I feel privliged, every day to be involved in this craft and to be able to associate with my fellow rodbuilders, who are so willing to share their skills and experience.
Lynn Huffman
LH CUSTOM RODS

Posted by: James Reid (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 13, 2006 10:21PM

I don't think most people have any idea just how many generous acts Tom performs behind the scenes. This is why he doesn't make any money but also why he has a lot of good friends.

Posted by: John Blair (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: January 13, 2006 11:19PM

I know Tom might holler at us for wasting bandwith.......smile........I agree with the above post that we are lucky pople to have people like Andy and Tom. I consider myself lucky too Tim. Keep going guys and thanks for all the hard work to our hobby and business. You are right in that all the vendors I have had contact are great that are on my left. I have changed all my business to these sponsors.
Glad To Be A Part,

Big John
Rio Hondo, Texas
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 14, 2006 06:38PM

Being rich isnt all about money.Its whats inside a person that makes them rich.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster