I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji Guides
Posted by: Richard O'Mara (---.lax.untd.com)
Date: January 12, 2006 11:39AM

A friend of mine reccommended me to this site www.anglersresource.net , when I was asking about Fuji guides. It is the site of Anglers Resource, the main Fuji Distributor. I filled in the form for the Fuji Guide catalog, well, it arrived today.....This is something you must have, very comprehensive, an atlas of Fuji guides and applications

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji Guides
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 12, 2006 11:44AM

Yes, they are a sponsor here. Their link is in the column to the left.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: January 12, 2006 04:31PM

To order the FUJI CATALOG, hard-copy, go to:
[www.anglersresource.net]
Go to the drop-down menu link
GENERAL INFORMATION, then “CATALOG REQUEST”

FUJI RING HEIGHTS OFF THE BLANK:
[www.fujitackle.com]
NOTICE that FUJI:
Y-Frame RING-HT = ~ 2.0 x RING-OD
V-Frame RING-HT = ~ 1.5 x RING-OD

FUJI RING OD-ID-Width DIMENSIONS:
[www.anglersresource.net]
Go to the drop-down menu link
GENERAL INFORMATION, then “RING SIZE CHART”

For practical purposes, consider any of the Fuji Y-frame or Vee-frame guides of whatever frame metal (or color) or ceramic ring material to have the same HEIGHT OFF THE BLANK as its analogous counterpart in another series of Fuji guides. The RING OD-ID-Widths will vary slightly with ceramic material for a given ring-flange type, but not much. A "Table of Guide Masses (Weights)" is unknown to me, which is why a nice top-loading scale (+/- 10mg) is on my Wish List. ... For tip-top tube sizing, get a tip-top gauge.

Nowadays, other Manufacturers of Line Guides offer equally compelling choices for their components (and other rod components). But these references are the subject above, and the principles of guide sizing during layout are the same.

If anyone has references (to websites) for Ring Height or OD-ID-Width for the other brands of Line Guides, then please feel free to share them. Thank you, -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: Greg Tucker (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 12, 2006 09:30PM

Color me stupid, but what does hard-copy mean? On paper? or one of them round shinny things that go in this hole in my computer?

Thanks

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: January 12, 2006 10:33PM

Greg: The term "HARD-COPY" usually means a "printed on paper" old-fashioned printed version of a Catalog or document. The term became popular to distinguish it from when the only other conveniently transportable data medium for computers was the 3.5 inch "FLOPPY DISK", some ~20 years ago. (Before Iomega's Zip Drives, etc.)

But, Greg, your question does point out that the (12 cm) "hard" & shiny Compact Disk (CD) to which you refer is actually more of a "hard copy" than either a printed page or a floppy disk. ... But that is not the common convention.

By the way, at that Fuji website, the Catalog can also be down-loaded as a *.PDF File. (It was a huge file, too large for my very slow dial-up connection, so I forgot to mention that option.) The Extension "PDF" means "Portable Document Format/File", which must be read by the Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader application. Adobe's READER can be downloaded for free at www.Adobe.com.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster