I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Loomis GLX #6 9,0 factory second???
Posted by: Jan-Ole Willers (---.adsl.hansenet.de)
Date: January 10, 2006 01:09PM

Hi all,

have just received the above mentioned blank, wondering a little if this might be a factory second: The blank came in its original bag with the warranty card tagged over teh open end of the clear plastic bag, so far so good.

What makes me wonder is that the blank has no decals on it, also no sticker in the bag like it is common with other blank manufacturers whom I used in the past.

To be honest it is the first time that I' am in contact with a Loomis blank, maybe some of you knows something more about the way how Loomis blanks are delivered usually, would be quite interesting to know.

RGDS,
Ole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loomis GLX #6 9,0 factory second???
Posted by: Tim Collins (---.sanarb01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 02:05PM

Normally the decals are loose in the bag with GLoomis blanks. If the end was torn, maybe it fell out. I would log onto www.gloomis.com and call or email and ask if they would send a replacement label. They may require you to email them a photo of the GLoomis warranty card on the bag showing the exact blank model. Good luck.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2006 02:13PM

Who did you buy it from?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 02:13PM

Sometimes the sticker is stabled under the warranty card on the Loomis blanks much like Lamiglas and St Croix blanks.

Date: January 10, 2006 02:47PM

@ Tom: From a guy in Switzerland

RGDS,
Ole

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 10, 2006 03:10PM

Is this somebody who operates a regular rod building supply business? For all I know it is first quality blank, but printing a header card that looks identical to the factory version is at best a 5 minute procedure. I wouldn't accuse your supplier of this, but you should consider if he is involved in the regular trade of such items on a well known basis. Again, he's probably legitimate enough, but it is a question that often pops into my mind in these type situations.

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 09:02PM

Jan-Ole,
I would be suspicious if I were you. A number of years ago there were a lot of Loomis seconds floating around but I don't think I ever saw a GLX second. After Shimano bought Loomis about 10 years ago they started destroying all of the seconds so there have not been any seconds available from Loomis in about 10 years.

Date: January 11, 2006 03:44PM

The sticker was found. Thanks for all your comments.

RGDS,
Ole

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster