I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

PacBay Rod Wrapper Offer
Posted by: Ralph Tomaccio (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 04:51PM

Back on December 5th, Charlie Comstock at PacBay replied to my frustration in this forum for not having sent the "free" rod dryer I had sent in the coupon for at the end of August, which was promised in 4-6 weeks by stating the following:

"Due to the overwhelming response to our initial RodSmith Rod Dryer Rebate Program Pac Bay has revised the inventory levels for the RDM-1 RodSmith rod dryers. We are expecting a large shippment of dryers and plan to resume shipments of the Rebate rod dryers in 2 weeks." [www.rodbuilding.org]

Here it is 4 weeks later and, even though I asked him in a personal email to have the courtesy to please keep me updated, I have not been, nor have I received the wrapper.

If others who have purchased the rod wrapper with this same offer have received their free dryer, I would like to hear from you. It has been nearly 18 weeks of waiting for something which was promised in 4-6 weeks. In a world where excellent customer service should be the norm, PacBay seriously falls short in the promised word and in action.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PacBay Rod Wrapper Offer
Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 05:30PM

I've had several customers receive their free dryers, but it WAS outside of the 4-6 week window after the promo had been running for a few months. I think their inventory of dryers went "up-side down" just a few weeks into the promo.

I just sent a request looking for follow-up on a customer's coupon sent in 10 weeks ago and I'm waiting to hear back. The offer's for real and you WILL get your dryer I'm sure, but unfortunately when they started the promo, they didn't have a 1:1 ratio of dryers to wrappers on hand and I think they've been playing catch-up ever since. You might want to drop Charlie another note with your name and address to see where you are in line, or drop me a note with that info and I'll see what I can find out.

Mark@@#$%&

Posted by: Jim Benenson (164.64.146.---)
Date: January 04, 2006 05:55PM

Ralph,

I am in the same boat. I also ordered my power wrapper in August but haven't received the rod dryer yet. I called PacBay in November and spoke with a person who assured me that my name was "near the top of the list" and that I would be receiving the rod dryer very soon. Almost two months have passed, and I have seen nothing. There is no question that PacBay has handled this very badly. I'm sure that if they were on the receiving end, they would be behaving very differently.

I have gotten the same kind of "customer service" when I wrote Todd of Lamiglas about problems with their Perigee blanks I received and when I wrote American Tackle about their two-part epoxy finish: I have heard absolutely nothing from either of them. I intend to discuss this with all three companies face-to-face when I am in Charlotte next month.

Jim

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 04, 2006 09:11PM

I think that's calling for more than patience!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 04, 2006 09:22PM

It's too bad that they haven't contacted you guys to let you know the reasons for the problems. A bit of communication would go a long, long ways here.

I'm sure there's some very good reasons for the shortage and inability to fill the orders, but again, communication is key here and it looks like maybe they've let you down a bit here. That's too bad...

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 09:54PM

Here's some good news for two of you anyway. Just got a note back from Charlie that said ---> "As of last week all rebates prior to December were shipped out on the 30th of December via UPS Ground, including Ralph Tomaccoi's and Jim Benenson's units."

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2006 11:45PM

Way to go Mark!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 05, 2006 03:57AM

That's the service you get from Mark!!! I buy from him and Colleen a lot.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Bob Firebaugh (---.communicomm.com)
Date: January 05, 2006 08:19AM

Received mine yesterday via UPS. I think it was July 2005 when I sent in the card for the dryer.

Bob Firebaugh

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 05, 2006 09:47AM

Pacific Bay isn't out to cheat anyone out of their dryer unit. Orders were greater than had been anticipated and an additional shipment of dryers had to be acquired to meet the sudden demand. This put them behind by a bit. I'm sure they regret that it took as long as it did, but as you can see these units are being shipped as they become availalble. This is just one of those unfortunate situations that sometimes happens in business - but there has never been any attempt by Pacific Bay to not fullfill their obligation in supplying these units to those that are owed them.

Posted by: Ralph Tomaccio (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 07, 2006 01:10AM

The end of the saga has arrived.

I got home from work today and found the dryer from PacBay sitting at my front door. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster