I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Current Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Lance Dupre (---.sw.res.rr.com)
Date: December 30, 2005 04:40PM

I received my latest Rodmaker mag. this afternoon and I've got to say that this issue is one of the most enjoyable one I've read in a while. Andy's inerview with Gene Bullard was great, and the cover photo and pictures were top notch. Oh ,and the letters to the editor........ I had a good laugh and found it hard to believe that some people can be so..............well enough said.
Thanks for the great magazine.

Lance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Current Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 30, 2005 05:09PM

I am hacked!!! How do you get one way down de bayou befo I git mine in the big city!

Partner In Crime

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 05:52PM

Naner Naner Bill,

I got mine today and second Lance's comments! My jonesing has finally ended at last.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 05:54PM

TO a favorite tune......

Drumming my fingers in patience
watching the mail in a trance .......

As earlier --- It is a nefarious plot to ensure that those in the least accessable, most remote and forsaken have an opportunity to rub our noses in the dirt!

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nj-01.cvx.algx.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 06:03PM

Figured mine would have been here by now ?????

Posted by: John T. White (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 30, 2005 07:50PM

Mine arrive today. Just like Lance said it was excellent. Great cover photography. Top notch first class all the way. Appreciated the article on aspects of buliding live bait rods. I plan to build a set this winter.

Posted by: Edward D. Smith (---.ard.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 30, 2005 09:06PM

I still don't have mine! Next time I may just drive to High Point (3 hours) to get mine! (Knock on his door at 3 AM might motivate him to ship faster) I can't believe it take the Postal Service that long to get here from High Point. Bill, Maybe some people are paying Tom extra to get faster shipping.

Ed Smith
Flat Rock, NC

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 30, 2005 09:16PM

There is no faster shipping where Presorted Standard (3rd class) is concerned. The mail sits idle until enough for a particular location has arrived to warrant sending it on to the next point. Presorted Standard does not move in the same daily manner that regular 1st class mail does. Anywhere from 10 to 45 days is considered normal and the distance the mail must travel makes no difference.

I suspect most people are getting their copies now. A few will get their's next week most likely.

Posted by: stan mclean (---.lndnnh.adelphia.n)
Date: January 01, 2006 03:47AM

mine came today! thanks!

Posted by: Chuck Ungs (---.dsl.iowatelecom.net)
Date: January 01, 2006 11:50AM

I received the gift of a subscription for Christmas from my mother in law... hooray - she said she sent it off Dec. 15 or so - can I expect a copy of the current magazine or will I have to wait... ? Just curious (and excited!)
Chuck Ungs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster