I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charlotte Tally
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 28, 2005 05:34PM

Booth sales for the National Rod Builders Show closed today. I'll have the floor plan ready in about two weeks and will publish it on the photo page so folks will know going in, just who is there and where they are. Not that you wouldn't be able to find them anyway, but at least you'll be able to make a beeline for those you want to see first when you enter the exhibit hall.

Last year's event was great - 19 vendors in something like 28 or 29 booth spaces. But this year's event will dwarf that - 30 vendors in just over 40 booth spaces. The addition of major manufacturers displaying their full lines will be a major boost and a great help to those builders who want to actually see and handle all those neat products they see online and in the catalogs.

Again, we'll have a casting area for those that want to try some rods out.

I'm not yet sure which end of the hall we'll be on. Now that the Rod Builders Show is the main draw, we may have the aisles where you first enter the hall. Or, because of the packed aisles we usually have at the Rod Builders Show, we may have to stay put at the far end - no use blocking the hall I guess. I'll know for sure in a couple days.

On Saturday, the exhibit hall will close at 5 PM. The RodMaker Reception will begin at 6 PM upstairs in the seminar area in room 203B. Come on up after the show and relax and meet other builders in the hall outside the reception room. If they get it set up quickly enough, I'll try to get the doors open a little before 6 so you can come on in and have a drink and something to eat. No charge for soft drinks or water, and refreshments are on me as well. There will be a cash bar for those who want beer, wine or other alcoholic beverages.

This thing has really shaped up into another great event. I wasn't sure we could top last year but it appears that we have. Now only if the weather will cooperate...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2005 05:40PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charlotte Tally
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 05:46PM

Tom --- Take a HUGE bow! Who cares about the weather the event is indoors.

Posted by: David Edens (---.atlaga.adelphia.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 06:00PM

I can't wait. I received my FFF Casting Instructor Ceritifcation last year, so I missed most of Saturday, and some of the good deals. I will be there first thing Saturday morning.

I have several people coming from Georgia to stay with me that weekend, and have told the wife to write me off for those two days.

David Edens

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (66.252.177.---)
Date: December 28, 2005 06:39PM

Ken Last year I had to skip the show due to foul weather in NJ.Not that I wouldnt travel in it but I had commitments to contracts for snow removal.I hope this year is different.Due to insurance reasons I can get someone to fill in for me.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Date: December 28, 2005 06:47PM

Hope you can make it this year. I'd love to meet up with an old "homey" (originally from New Jersey you see). Last year I drove down from Maryland through a snow storm ... then Sunday night after the show I sat in the hotel restaurant watching the snow start up again in Charlotte.... Luckily I missed most of it on the way back.

Posted by: Scott Kinney (---.eugn.qwest.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 07:06PM

Yeah, that weather was fun last year. I hit the show en route (ok, a bit off route) from Minnesota to DC... hit the weather both coming in to Charlotte and going out. What a mess :).

Don't think I'll be able to make it this year but do plan to go next year with rods built from Dan Craft blanks...for those of you who aren't familiar with them...well...you should be!

Scott Kinney
The Longest Cast Fly Rods
[www.thelongestcast.com]

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:01PM

Ken,

Sunday at the hotel/bar was more than worth a little snow/rain!!!! Hope we do it again this year!!!!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Lu Gardner (---.sta.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:06PM

Tom:
Is the showv open on Friday also or just Sat. and Sun?

Posted by: Mike Williams (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:08PM

It was just Sat and Sun last year and I think that's what it says on the show website this year. I could stand 43 days worth but my pocketbook couldn't. I bought WAY to much last year! Probably buy just as much this year though.

Date: December 28, 2005 08:33PM

Mike
It was worth every second. Quite an honor to sit, chat and relax with some of the most respected folks out on the cutting edge. But of course Andy's charming wife stole the show!

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:50PM

That she did!!! Still think she got the best of that deal!!!!!!!!!LOL I really felt out of place in that group but loved every minute of it!!! Hope we get to do it again!!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 28, 2005 08:56PM

Obviously, the show won't be perfect. Never has been and never will be. We still need some good audio-visual equipment for the seminars and I hope to purchase some by the time the 2007 event rolls around. But I do think it gets better each year and we do have some really great people involved, from the vendors to the seminar presenters. I don't think anyone else can match it and as long as I'm able I'll keep trying to make it bigger and better each year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster