I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom Rod Warranty
Posted by: Phil Ptak (208.48.56.---)
Date: May 08, 2002 11:18AM

How do you pros typically warranty a custom rod that has been broken by the customer, whether it is a defect or misuse? I am on a fact finding mission for when/if I start to build for profit. Thanks, in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom Rod Warranty
Posted by: Marv Schroeder (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: May 08, 2002 11:30AM

Phil,

I have a rodbuilding company in Canada and what I do works for me.

My warranty is dependant upon the type of blank that my customer wants. If he wants to be cheap and not go for a quality blank, I wil warrant the blank for the same period as the manufacturer. My workmanship carries a lifetime warranty.

If the customer breaks the rod and it is not caused by any defect other than his or her own abuse, I charge full price for the new rod but offer to build him an ice fishing rod out of the broken rod if it is possible. For the ice rod, I charge them "cost".

So far, this seems to work for us.

Good luck & good fishin'!

Marv Schroeder
Reel Outdoor Adventures

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: May 08, 2002 12:17PM

Do a search of this board's archives. This subject has been covered at some length and you may get some good ideas as to how you wish to handle this.

Posted by: Gordon Glover (---.sttl.uswest.net)
Date: May 11, 2002 12:36AM

Hey Phil

I have been building rods on and off for 30 yrs, and luckily only had a few broken rods, at least that I know of. In the past I have built new rods for my customers at no labor cost only parts cost, and this has brought me new business from there word of mouth when telling friends what I have done for them. Now I will admit I would not make this a habit if I this happened more often. Hope this helps.

Good Luck Gordon Glover

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster