I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod decals
Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.235.255.34.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 02:15PM

Does anyone know if they make college logo rod decals? Im trying to find a Miami Hurricane logo and keep coming up empty. Thanks in advance for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod decals
Posted by: Jim Benenson (164.64.146.---)
Date: December 20, 2005 02:27PM

I'm sure that there is a source. You might ask Decal Connection -- see the sponsor list at left. However...

This was a recent, spirited thread on the forum of the potential liabilities of using a logo without the university's written permission. Search on the keyword "logo" within the last 30 days. My opinion is that if it's for your own use, you can do what you want, but others DEFINITELY disagree.

Jim

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:03PM

Jim,

Legally, you CANNOT use a copyrighted logo for your own use without written permission of the copyright holder. That is NOT really debateble, it's the law and Decal Connection will not produce one without that permission.

The debate was whether anyone would push the issue if it was for personal use. Maybe, maybe not. but don't think that because they MAY choose not to, that it is legal!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:13PM

I do believe that there are companies with rights paid for that sell some kind of decals for sports teams, though, and IF you can find the source, you may be able to get some kind of a decal for use here. I'd save the receipt...

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:26PM

Some teams, schools have finger nail decals available which would be a good size. Most are window size though. Do a Google Search for team logos or something though

Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.254.158.76.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 05:26PM

Sorry, didnt mean to re-open a sore wound on the decals. ;) Thanks for the fingernail decal tip tho, I will go search right now. M

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 20, 2005 08:55PM

You didn't open a sore wound but if had done a search first you either would not had to ask the question or
you would have had the info to better target a question about the subject.

Good luck with the rod !!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.235.153.197.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 02:34PM

I did a search on the fingernail decals and still a dead end. Oh well back to re-think this.

Raymond, if we all did a search before asking any questions on here there wouldn't be much dialog now would there?? Thanks for your helpful insight tho.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: December 21, 2005 05:53PM

Mike, there was a thread quite a while back that talked about those fingernail decals; maybe alter the wording a bit in your search. I'm kinda foggy on it; I have Alzheimer's and an Alps printer, so between the two, nothing in that previous post stuck in the ol' gray matter. :)

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.254.132.178.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 06:15PM

Thanks Putter, good to hear from you again. :) Hope all is well with you and yours. A merry Xmas to ya!

Posted by: Jay Lindholm (131.60.10.---)
Date: December 21, 2005 06:22PM

Mike, I've looked into this issue also. What I've found is to use a "face tattoos" the kind that the cheerleaders wear on their cheeks. They are about the size of a nickle and I have also seen the finger nail stickers in the local University Bookstore. I can send you some Boise State stickers if you'd like.
Go to the Miami website and look at the fan gear, I bet they have these stickers on there somewhere.

Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.254.132.178.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 06:52PM

Lol...thanks for the offer Jay but I'll pass on the BSU decals. ;) I did take your team in the local football pool tho. :)

Date: December 21, 2005 07:50PM

Hi Mike Kyle,
I agree that good dialog and the sharing of ideas is just a couple of things that makes this site as great as it is. However, another strong point about this site is that it has been around long enough and frequented by so many very exelent craftsmen that just about every subject that has to do with rod building has been discussed or at least batted around a bit. The archives are full of great stuff so why not explore it?
If Tom finds that the majority of users are not utilizing the archives and decides to remove a great deal of it then where would we be?
Also, with things like bandwidth availability, storage capacity, user traffic, and such are becoming more of an issue for the site these days and the best thing that anyone can do is not take things for granted and just use a little common sence thats all.

Raymond Adams

Posted by: Mike Kyle (---.235.241.148.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: December 21, 2005 10:04PM

Your so right, thank you for your wisdom.

Date: December 21, 2005 10:46PM

Hi again Mike,
Sometimes I can come across as a little nit-picky. I hope you didn't think I was takeing a poke at you. That was not my intent.
I did remember a thread from a few days ago that I thought you should check out. After reading what I had posted I thought it
sounded a bit rash so If any offence was taken I opologize.

TTYL,

Raymond Adams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster