I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

blanks question
Posted by: Lu Gardner (---.sta.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: December 11, 2005 01:56PM

Have any of you guys used either of these two blanks below to build a rod?
If so how would compare them to St. Croix blanks. both in sensitivity, weight, and casting? Primarily asking about bass rod blanks M/L or M also flipping stick?

Titanium/IM700
The Revolution Strengthens.

In 2000, Lamiglas integrated Titanium with IM700 graphite. These rods are light in weight, high in strength, unparalleled in durability and more sensitive than any other rod ever! The properties of Titanium also include excellent fatigue resistance, positive dampening characteristics and superior corrosion resistance. IM700 graphite is secured to the Titanium with a special aerospace bonding agent creating a rod that not only transmits sensitivity more efficiently but also amplifies the most subtle sensations. There are no finer rods for the serious fishing enthusiast.

XMG50 Graphite
The Newest "Super" Graphite.

This super graphite allows us to make smaller-diameter blanks with faster actions. The XMG50 utilizes a blend of high-modulus graphite fibers to create a perfectly balanced, lightweight blank that is more responsive and more sensitive than anything on the market today. We use this material in our all-new XMG 50 Bass

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: blanks question
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.lsil.com)
Date: December 11, 2005 03:56PM

Lamiglas makes nice stuff, but I wouldn't give up one of my St Crix SC V rods to get one. On slack/near slack line presentations the TI/IM700 blanks work fine. I have only used the XMG blanks in fly and steelhead/salmon models, but they are the real deal. I like the Lamiglas 78 ML, 6 ft 6in, 6 to 17 lb line blank everyway they make it. I have been a fan of the Lamiglas 8 ft flipping sticks and I also like the Lamiglas 78 M , 1/4 to 1oz , blanks for jigs.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster