I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for a Clemens rod lathe
Posted by: Bruce Wetzel (---.nmci.navy.mil)
Date: December 07, 2005 08:12AM

I'm stepping up to a power rod wrapper, and can't seem to find a supplier of Clemen's rod lathes. I would consider a used (but in great shape) unit. Saw a couple on the buy/sell page, but no reply's yet. Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for a Clemens rod lathe
Date: December 07, 2005 08:36AM

I like the renzetti, but like the rod supports on the Clemens a little better. I also think the bed extension is longer, which I'd like to have for building surf rods.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 07, 2005 08:52AM

There was one listed on the buy/sell page here just a day ago. It might still be available.

The Renzetti has infinite bed length. Just buy the number or sections you need for whatever length you desire.

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 07, 2005 09:16AM

I was able to find a used Clemens lathe on the Buy/Sell page a few years ago. I paid $500.00 for the unit. For that I got two 4' bed sections; 2 upright support units; the head stock with a three jaw chuck (which was discolored); a good 1/10 hp Dayton Motor (same as is on the Renzetti), a tool rest and an outdated thread carrier, as well as a useless foot pedal.

Renzetti Lathes have 3' bed sections as opposed to the Clemens' 4' sections. There are minor variations in the measurements of the extruded beds but they are identical where it counts for the parts to fit. Thus all Renzetti parts and accessories fit all Clemens Lathes.

The total cost to me for Clemens lathe with what I had to add is not that much lower than the price of a shiny brand new Rezetti lathe. If I had it to do over I would buy the new Renzetti. A new lathe is a gorgeous machine. I think it is well worth the extra money to have a pristine unit. It's not difficult to keep it looking new. If you run search on caring for a lathe you will find some good info.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Clemens and Renzetti Lathes are in a class of their own. No matter which you get you will have a tool that should give you a lifetime of great service. Good luck.
Dave

Date: December 07, 2005 12:49PM

I was told about the one listed on the buy/sell page (thanks Jesse) and am waiting on a reply to my e-mail. Does anyone have the forecast machine? I know it's not a renzetti, but it looks good for the money.

Bruce

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 07, 2005 02:02PM

The Forecast, Pac Bay and American Tackle wrappers are pretty much the same machine. Pac Bay sells a much improved chuck that will fit all of them and most recommend it highly. While it may not be a Clemens or Renzetti, It is a good value and very popular wrappers

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster