I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

What is going on in Charlotte?
Posted by: Lance Black (168.8.176.---)
Date: December 05, 2005 11:09AM

sorry I am new, i am sure all the people who build rods know what is going on. a little help would be great. take a look at my other post about rod wrappers/dryers i need some help, but no one has posted yet. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is going on in Charlotte?
Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2005 11:35AM

Lance,
Go the sponsor's list on the left at the very top and you can find out all the info you'll need on the show in Charlotte. I also left a post on your other question. Randy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2005 12:09PM by Randy Search.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: December 05, 2005 12:44PM

home.earthlink.net/~nationalrodshow for all the details.

You will be able to see, feel and try any of the current rod wrapping lathes or jigs and.or dryers in Charlotte at the National Rod Builders Show. The amount of product you will be able to see there is unparalleled by any other event.

Posted by: Lance Black (168.8.176.---)
Date: December 05, 2005 01:14PM

only 2 and a half hours from the house. i will be there. maybe i will have built a rod or two by then.

Date: December 05, 2005 01:37PM

If you're that close, shame on you if you don't drive over and attend. There are guys coming from Australia and Itay just to attend this thing. You're lucky to be so close to the world's largest rod building event.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: December 05, 2005 04:51PM

It is the single biggest event in the world for rodbuilders!!! Plan on spending 2 days their and you will still want more!!! Check the list of FREE seminars/workshops and number of vendors that display. You will never see this many componentd/supplies under one roof!

Mike

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.119.---)
Date: December 05, 2005 05:03PM

I only wish I could drive it in 2 and half hours! I'll be on the road from sunup to sundown and then some!!! But it's easily worth it. I plan to do it every year from now on.

Date: December 06, 2005 09:17AM

The recent direct mail campaign that I did for the event has produced results beyond my wildest dreams. The number of builders who have gotten in touch with me about the event, due to the cards I mailed, has been almost overwhelming. Most of these builders did not previously know the show existed. Proof that there are just a ton of builders out there, still waiting to get involved with other builders.

If the weather is good, I think we'll easily see 1400 to 1500 rod builders this year. And the more builders who attend, the more information will be on hand.

Posted by: Andy Dear (---.stic.net)
Date: December 06, 2005 09:37PM

I am really stoked about this years show.....looks like it will dwarf last years.

Andy Dear
Lamar Manf.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster