I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for old Gudebrod thread
Posted by: Brian Funai (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2005 12:56AM

Need to match some wrap on a couple of older rods. Looking for a two-tone black and blue that was sold in the early 80s. I see that Gudebrod has brought that line back, called the Two-Tone Classic Twist but they don't seem to have black and blue. Preferably in NCP D or C

Also looking for the really old multicolor "Variegated" (sp?) in D or E for long cane surf rods. Need to re-do some and I like the funky look!

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for old Gudebrod thread
Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: November 30, 2005 01:34AM

Gudebrod's Trimar SilverTone or GoldTone Thread is available in 6 colors (black, white, blue, green, brown, red), blended with either (silver or gold).

I believe it is only available in a "C"-size Thread
(Diameter = 0.260 mm. Tensile Strength = 4.5 pounds)

Summer Moon Rod Works (sponsor) may still carry these Trimar Threads, and they may still be able to provide you a complete 4-page color layout of Thread line.

As for the Black / Blue part of your question, this just came up 3 weeks ago. Read this for yourself and see if it helps with what you want.

Blue/Black Twist Thread? Tim Hough 11/08/05
[www.rodbuilding.org]
Does anyone make a blue & black twist trimar-like thread? It does not necessarily need to be metalic like Trimar, just a two colored twist. Anyone? Thanks, Tim

Good Luck, Brian. -Cliff Hall+++, Gainesville, FL-USA

TITLE: "Gudebrod Thread Table: Strength & Weight of Guide Wraps for Size 2/0 - E" [www.rodbuilding.org] Table of Wrap Strength & Wrap Weight per 1 cm Width of Guide Wrap around a 1 cm circumference section of rod blank (OD = 3.18 mm) for selected popular Styles & Sizes of Gudebrod Rod-Building Thread. ... (Calculated values, not direct "in-situ" measurements.) -Cliff Hall +++

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: December 01, 2005 01:47AM

Sulky make an embroidery thread in dark blue/black #50 that may go "C" size. It's the Ultra Twist 922 3048. I don't think I've seen a NCP thread in this configuration. I believe Madiera also makes a variegated thread. They both come in colors not seen in the rodbuilding catalogs. Picked up a nice honey/med. brown to try out a few days ago.

Posted by: Brian Funai (---.hawaii.res.rr.com)
Date: December 01, 2005 04:34AM

Looks like the Madeira 40wt Rayon/220yd - Scandic Melange Stock No. 9840-2202 is closest to what I am looking for. Bought some a t[www.webofthread.com] Thanks Cliff and Spencer!

Found a little bit of the old Gudebrod variegated but could use more. Looks like it goes from green to red to yellow to blue to orange.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster