I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Feathers inlays : help needed
Posted by: Frantz BUCHOT (---.w86-197.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: November 29, 2005 10:50AM

Dear all,

reading all your emails regarding "Feathers for inlays" I was just wondering if you were using something "to fix" the feathers on the blank / on the thread before starting to apply epoxy on the wraps???

I am sorry about such a stupid question but I live in Europe (France) and none of my rod builder friends has ever used Feathers inlays and as I found it very nice when I gave a look at the Photos Galery, I was planning to start with my next rod.

Can anybody give me some advices on this topic, I would strongly appreciate your help guys so as to avoid making too many mistakes?
I have looked for a kind of "step by step guide" but haven't found it, someone told me about a voume of RodMaker Magazine and for sure I will order it but right now I have no idea how to start.

(ps: I am sorry for all the gramatical errors I may "write" and I hope you will understand my English).

Frantz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feathers inlays : help needed
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 29, 2005 10:58AM

Franz,

Your e-mail address is hidden so no one can e-mail you. I have an excellant feather inlay tutorial by Terry Henson (who has given permission to circulate it) that I would be happy to e-mail you

Mike

Date: November 29, 2005 10:59AM

Franz,

Your e-mail address is hidden so no one can e-mail you. I have an excellant feather inlay tutorial by Terry Henson (who has given permission to circulate it) that I would be happy to e-mail you. Aso, do a search on this forum for feather inlays and select ALL DATES and you will get a ton of info

Mike

Date: November 29, 2005 11:01AM

Mike I am sorry about taht this is my first day on Rodbuilding.org, I have just discovered it few hours ago and I still learn how to use it.... I have click the button "send replies to this thread to me via eamil" this was maybe the reason why it has not work the first time, what would you recommand me to do???

Date: November 29, 2005 11:08AM

Franz, at the top of the message list is a button that says MY CONTROL CENTER Click on it and click on then click on and click on EDIT EMAIL SETTINGS and CONFIRM your e-mail .

Then when someone clicks on your name on your posting, they will see your e-mail address!

Mike

Posted by: Stan Grace (---.hln-mt.client.bresnan.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 11:14AM

Franz ,
At the top of the phorum page is a button that reads: "My Control Center" Click on that and when it opens you will see, under the personal profiles section, another button that reads: "edit my privacy options". Click on and open that button to find a box that needs to be checked to allow others to see your email information.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT
"Our best is none too good"

Date: November 29, 2005 11:15AM

Franz ,
At the top of the phorum page is a button that reads: "My Control Center" Click on that and when it opens you will see, under the personal profiles section, another button that reads: "edit my privacy options". Click on and open that button to find a box that needs to be checked to allow others to see your email information.

Stan Grace
Helena, MT

Date: November 29, 2005 11:21AM

Mike,
You not only type quicker but you are more concise and don't stutter!

Stan Grace
Helena, MT

Date: November 29, 2005 11:22AM

OK,

I have updated both "Edit email settings" and "Edit my privacy options" sections, I am sorry about all that.
Mike I have already searched on this forum so as to figure out what I should do and how I should start but it sometimes sounds too professionnal for me... I know how to build a rod and I have already built several one but as far as Feathers Inlays are concerned I have no knowledge.
You wanted to send me something from Terry Henson, what was it ?
Stan I have apreciated your help also.

Frantz

Date: November 29, 2005 11:25AM

Franz,
I just e-mailed you a tutorial in PDF format. Need any help, holler

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: November 29, 2005 11:52AM

Mike,

I have just received your file this was exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot !!!!!!

Frantz
it will take ages 'till I be retired

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 12:12PM

Mike,
If you would so kind could you also send a copy to my email? I'm interested in feather inlays but don't really know where to start. Thanks, Randy.

Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.36.102.166.ip.alltel.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 12:49PM

Mike...
If you don't mind, I would also like to recieve that tutorial on feather inlays via e-mail. I hope mine isn't hidden. I don't think it is...LOL...Thanks in advance...

Steve Buchanan
Steve's Custom Rods

Feathers inlays
Posted by: Ron Greenbank (---.cot.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 01:14PM

I would appreciate a copy if you don't mind.

Thanks,
Ron Greenbank

Posted by: Robert J. Milbrandt (---.mayo.edu)
Date: November 29, 2005 02:09PM

Mike,
If you have time I would love a copy too.

Thanks,

Bob

Posted by: Terry Chiddy (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: November 29, 2005 02:34PM

Mike
I would also really appreciate a copy if possible
Thanks

Terry

Posted by: Wayne Hofer (---.llnl.gov)
Date: November 29, 2005 02:56PM

Mike

Would like to add my name to the list requesting the Feather Inlay tutorial. Thanks

Wayne

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 29, 2005 03:33PM

Guys, please email Mike direct. He may not see your request. This board moves awfully fast and your request will be a page deep by the morning.

Posted by: joe lucas (65.118.17.---)
Date: November 30, 2005 08:21PM

would appreciate a copy if possible thanks joe

Date: November 30, 2005 10:17PM

Joe,
Your e-mail is hidden so nobody can see it. You need to unhide it. E-mail me mbarkley@wowway.com and I will be glad to send it to you.

I have had 83 requests so far and will be glad to send it but it's a lot easier for me to simply click reply to your e-mail and send it than to look up a persons e-mail, copy and paste it and send. No offense to anyone but when ever you ask for something to be sent to you in a post that is the way to do it so it doesn't take up a lot of board space and make it hard on the sender (Joe, this wasn't meant for you,, but rather as a general statement)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster