I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

The Dead Sea Scrolls in Charlotte
Posted by: Bob Sale (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 04:07PM

I noticed that there will be an exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls at Discovery Place in Charlotte starting Feb 17th. Kind of convienient if you are interested in that type of thing. I believe that Discovery Place is close to the convention center, and is one of 4 sites that will house this exhibit in the US.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Dead Sea Scrolls in Charlotte
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2005 05:09PM

Yes, it's about 4 or 5 blocks north from the Convention Center onTryon Street. I need to add it to the list of local attractions on the website.

Posted by: steve parks (---.mob.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 27, 2005 05:48PM

I saw them in Mobile earlier this year. It was an amazing sight! I really enjoyed it! If I come to the Show I may just have to see the Scrolls again.

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.200-68.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 10:25PM

As always learn something new every day.... didn't know what the dead sea scrolls were, so I yahoo'd them. Pretty neat.

Phil

Posted by: Stan Gregory (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: November 27, 2005 10:42PM

Bob, thanks for the post. My spouse of many years is accompanying me to the National Show. To get her to go, and she has no interest in fish/fishing/rodbuilding, etc., I had to bribe with "dinners out". When I told her of your post about the Scrolls, she got more interested in sitting in the truck for several hours. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'd also like to see the exhibit but plan to be learning things in the seminars, meeting folks and interacting with vendors. I'll see that exhibit, even if it means staying over another day.
Thanks, Stan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster