I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Anyone willing to help
Posted by: Gregory Lose (63.164.145.---)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:33AM

If it is not beneath everyone, because I know everyone else came out of the womb, able to wrap guides. Could some suggest a good company / website that offers a good selection of blanks, and other needed supplies. One that maybe has a catalog and can take orders by phone. I am not trying to be lazy, I know it is easy to just find one by searching. I was hoping people that I think have expertise, might be able to suggest a quality seller, perhaps one they would themselves use.

I hope sarcasm is not considered inflammatory

Thank You,
Gregory Lose

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone willing to help
Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:37AM

Gregory,
I buy a lot of my stuff from either Mudhole or Angler's Workshop. They are on the Sponsor's list to the left. Randy.

Posted by: Jim Upton (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:38AM

Gregory; The list at the left side of the page has more than you will ever need. Your location may influence your choice so you will have to go to their web sites find out where they are and make a choice.

Posted by: Gregory Lose (63.164.145.---)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:45AM

Thank you very much. I live in Tampa. I am looking for a place that has everything, an all in one store, but also has quality blanks, especially spinning and casting.

Thanks again.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:56AM

Hi Greg. Mudhole is out in your area and has everything you need. I also recomment Anglers Workshp but he is in Wash. State.

Doc

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 25, 2005 01:20PM

Any of the ones to the left, but Mudhole has the best and most informative retail catalog in the industry. I alwys just e-mail my orders in with no problem. Phone orders are to easy to be misunderstood!

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2005 01:22PM by Mike Barkley.

Posted by: Nicholas Christie (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 05:19PM

i have been here for about 6 weeks and i have read every ones web site. what i recommend is to look at them all and find one that works for you. i personaly like the Rod-Blanks.com becouse they are really close to me, and have good deals.
Good luck,

-Nicholas Christie

Posted by: Anonymous User (203.212.152.---)
Date: November 25, 2005 05:19PM

Add another one to the list Robert from FishSticks4U (Sponsor on the left) you won't be disappointed with the service.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: November 25, 2005 05:58PM

Gregory,

No one dealer could possibly cary anywhere near all of the brands that you might be interested in. Most builders have a favorite or primary upplier but also buy from others when they want/need something that their main supplier doesn't carry.

Mike

Posted by: Nicholas Christie (---.dsl.scrm01.pacbell.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 07:08PM

mike hit it dead on...

Posted by: Donald Newenhouse (---.254.137.6.Dial1.Orlando1.Level3.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 10:10PM

Gregory
Since you live in Tampa, Mud Hole has a store in Orlando,or OVIEDO Fl. You might want to take a day trip and take a ride over to their store and browse around. That way you can see their stock and if you have any questions they will be able to answer them first hand.
I live in Fort Myers and I can go on line, place an order and I get it in about two days.I think that fast service.Hope that helps,good luck. <<<<<<<<<DON>>>>>>>>>

Posted by: Steve Buchanan (---.grove.net)
Date: November 26, 2005 08:40AM

For blanks, I go with Fish Sticks 4 you. Everything else I get from Mudhole, Neals, or Janns Netcraft. I'm sure all of the sponsors are good to deal with but these are the first ones I dealt with and have had no reason to look elsewhere. I feel comfortable in saying that anything you could possibly need can be found by searching the websites of the sponsors. I especially like the cart-type shopping that Mudhole, Jann's, and Fish Stix have.

Steve Buchanan
Steve's Custom Rods

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2005 08:31PM

I`ve been to Mudholes show room and they doidt have a lot to look at.There were blanks and cork but most everything else(tools.finish,guides,etc.) were in the back.If you wanted to get a hands on feel you had to ask for the product to be brought out.Best to go in knowing what you wanted.This was last Feb so maybe things changed maybe they didnt.Their focus seemed to be on the mail order.Not that they werent helpful because they were.I was a little dissappointed,I expeccted to see the catalog items on display in front of me but didnt.The only reason I went is because I was in the area(I live in NJ).

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Fred Yarmolowicz (---.brick101.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 26, 2005 08:49PM

Gregory,unhide your e-mail.I have something you may be interested in.

Freddwhy (Rapt-Ryte)

Posted by: Daren Howard (---.sbc.com)
Date: November 26, 2005 09:40PM

I don't think you will find any one place you can go and look at all the stuff they have in a showroom. The market just isn't big enough to justify the use of the space when very few people will be visiting and, yes, mail order is going to be the vast majority of your business. The vendors to the left should be able to get just about anything you could ask for and probably have alot more than any of us could think to ask for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster