I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

how do I go to a particular forum page?
Posted by: Ralph Ratliff (---.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 07:28AM

I have been trying to learn more about what has been discussed in the past by starting at the last page and slowly working my way to the present day. Is there a way to jump to a particular page and not have to go to the last page and work backward page by page? The past topics have been interesting and very informative.

Thanks,

rhr

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how do I go to a particular forum page?
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: October 31, 2005 08:04AM

On the top of the posts on the right in the red banner there is a Go TO Page. Is that want you are looking for ?
Or go to the Search and type in a subject you are interested in.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2005 09:20AM

Just use the archives and search for the various terms you're interested in. That will provide you with each thread where that topic has been discussed.

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: October 31, 2005 10:57AM

Ralph Ratliff - You can always jump back about 10 -12 pages at once, for every new array of pages at the TOP of each page. But with almost 570 pages on RBO ARCHIVE, that means it is hard to get to the GENESIS easily, if you want to pick a random topic or view the growth of the website in general. Each PAGE of the ARCHIVE represents about 3 days of Posts & Replies, nowadays, but in the early days of RBO it was 5-7 days. There are something like 4+ YEARS of Posts on ARCHIVE. June 2001 seems to be the earliest continuous record (Page 568 as of Oct. 31st, 2005). ...

If you use the FORUM LIST Link-Format, you can readily move around by leaps & bounds using the FIRST PAGE Link to move back hundreds of pages at a time to the GENESIS. But I'm not exactly sure how to directly access by DATE or PAGE number. If YOU find out, please let us know as well. Thanks. Here's the WebMaster's Opening Address / Commencery Salutation

"Introduction" ... Tom Kirkman ... 06/12/01 08:48AM
[www.rodbuilding.org]
6/12/2001: "I want to take moment and welcome you all to this new rod building site. There are no underlying motives - it is designed for the promotion and dissemination of rod building information to all interested in the rod building craft." etc., -TK.

SEARCH = [ by SUBJECT; MESSAGE BODY; AUTHOR ]
Pick either ALL DATES or LAST YEAR for most comprehensive Searches or Topics.

Take a good look around right here at RBO. PLENTY of information at all levels of expertise. Visit the RBO Links for FAQs, LIBRARY and GLOSSARY

As of Nov-2005, the RBO ARCHIVE & SEARCH Engine will have a data base of over 570 pages, 29,000 different Message Threads, totalling more than 165,000 Replies. RBO is the world's largest and best repository and Forum for rod-building information. IMO, ... Enjoy your own Rod-Trek. -Cliff Hall, Gainesville, FL-USA+++

WARNING: Rod-building, and day-dreaming about it, can become habit-forming, and may be hazardous to other relationships. Participant discretion is advised.

Posted by: Warren Rutherford (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 05:05PM

Ralph,
From the main forum pages, if you look up in the address bar you will see the #2 or 2, if in a thread. double click behind the two, add (,) if necessary, then type page=421 (421 just an example) hit go or enter and you are there.
There may of course be an easier way, but, it works for me.

Posted by: Ralph Ratliff (---.msy.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 11:42AM

Thanks everyone. I have learned so very much from this site and enjoy visiting it daily.

rhr

Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 03:14PM

Ralph,

What I did when I did what you are doing is: I bookmarked the last page I was on and kept it in my favorites. Then as I came forward I deleted it and bookmarked the page I stopped on. That way I never lost my place.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Bob Crook (---.onspeed.com)
Date: November 01, 2005 03:38PM

If you find a subject you want to save you can save it to you hard drive. Following is the procedure when using internet explorer (IE):

Click edit
Click select all
Click file
Click save

The page will be saved to "My Documents" on you hard drive. If a thread is more than 1 page long you will have to repeat the process for each page.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster