I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rain Shadow and Forecast Blanks
Posted by: Patrick Marshall (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 04:49PM

Say Everyone,

I see that there is a great sale going on at a retailers closing out last-year's blanks for Rain Shadow and Forecast blanks. I am tempted to purchase some sets to build rods for members of my family (fly rods and light spinning rods.) Two problems though before I leap:
1) What is the general consensus (if any) as to the quality of these blanks?
2) Being rather new to all this, how do I read the catalog when only Rain Shadow and Forecast model numbers are given in "code."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rain Shadow and Forecast Blanks
Posted by: Bryan Burbank (66.0.239.---)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:02PM

top quality blanks...look to the left for the rainshadow/forecast web site under sponsors...
they list all products...you can look at the blanks you want...they list model number with
the information for that blank lure weight...line weight...length...power...good luck...
bryan...

Posted by: Christian Brink (---.dsl.aracnet.com)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:02PM

Batson Quality is excellent along with thier customer service. You will not be disappointed.

As for the model numbers you can get more information from the Batson website: [www.batsonenterprises.com]

Christian

Posted by: Grant Darby (169.204.109.---)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:07PM

The Rainshadow/Forecast products are excellent quality. There is no "code". Most blanks are listed by length and power with letters first indicating what type of blank it is. Foe example:

IF 904 means Fly, 9' 4wt
ISB782 means Spin, Bass 6'6" 2 "power"

Not really a mystery, you just have to work through it.

If you have any questions, and I do mean any questions at all, just give Batson Enterprises a call, they always have time to give you whatever information you need, including when and where to fish the Pacific Northwest for best results!!!

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.il-chicago0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 06:20PM

Great blanks, great people. About half my personal rods are Rainshadow.

Posted by: Dan Grulke (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: October 28, 2005 11:18PM

The green blanks are a very nice color. The quality of the blanks, sensitivity and craftmanship, is on par with St.Croix sc3. The durability exceeds the sc3 but they are heavier. I have built 7 on the 782 and 783 series in both baitcasting and spinning that have been abused by inexperienced young/children on fishing trips and they still are in one piece. The heavier 7ft models make great frog/slop rods. I personally fish and own 6 that I fish.

The customer service is without exception incredible. I have two experiences I will share.

1) recently looking for a surf blank one of their reps over the phone put together to surf rods loaded them up with the weights I requested and told me what the sweet spot was for the blank (how the rod felt at 6 ozs compared to 8).

2) I took a fishing trip that resulted in some broken rods. I lost all but one rod (all custom built) without going into detail Rainshadow/forecast helped me out when they didn't have to.

For most purposes the Rainshadows will fill your needs. They are the best deal, I think, for your money even before the sale prices.

Dan Grulke

Posted by: Emory Harry (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 29, 2005 02:00PM

I have built a lot of rods from Rainshadow/Forecast blanks and also use mostly their components. I would like to second all of the positive things that are said above, excellent products, good prices and great people to deal with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2005 02:01PM by Emory Harry.

Posted by: Marko A Arhagen (---.bredband.skanova.com)
Date: October 30, 2005 05:23AM

I can only agree with everything said, Great Blanks and great people along with great knowledge!

Marko A Arhagen/ Sweden

Posted by: Patrick Marshall (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: October 30, 2005 01:09PM

Thanks to everyone who posted a reply. I have a great deal of confidence in the expertise and opinions of the participants at this cite. No doubt I'll be doing business with purveyors of Rain Shadow and Forecast blanks--very soon. "Tight lines" to you all!

Posted by: Alan Smith (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2005 08:11PM

Send them an E-mail and ask for there catalogue,it has ALL the info that you will ever need on there products...and they got it to me very fast....Alan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster