I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Wonder Weaver
Posted by: Scott Parsons (205.244.119.---)
Date: October 25, 2005 08:18AM

Just got done watching Doc's video on weaving. I want to do it! Is the Wonder Weaver the way to go for weaving rods? It looks like it is the real deal. Does anyone have some experience they can share as to weather it is worth it or not. Thanks Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wonder Weaver
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2005 08:56AM

If you're interested in getting heavily involved in weaving, then the Wonder Weaver is very underpriced and more than worth the cost. To really understand what a great value it is, you owe it to yourself to start out by setting up and weaving on double stick tape. Once you've done that a few times and then move to the WW, you'll gain a great appreciation for what an advancement in weaving tools it really is.

Posted by: Randy Search (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: October 25, 2005 11:31AM

Scott,
I've got one and have been using it for about a year now. I use it all the time and have no complaints. Definitely recommended.

Posted by: Ellis Mendiola (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: October 25, 2005 12:34PM

I just finished my first weave using the WW. It is a great tool and easy to use. That is not to say that if you use one you will be as great as Jim and Doc on your first weave. Like all new ventures, it will take practice to produce a good weave, such as choosing a good pattern and your choice of thread colors. I am not happy with my first weave but I learned how to set up for it and what tape to use to hold the threads. The WW comes with a DVD that Jim Upton made to help you get started. In my case I wanted to do weaves to occupy my time during retirement and to keep my mind active. I found the tool that I need.

Posted by: James(Doc) Labanowski (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 25, 2005 02:17PM

The WW is an awesome piece of equipment. Its value increases as the difficulty level rises. Doing smaller pattern with tape of smaller jigs is OK and can be in those cases a bit faster but when you get into large and multi layer patterns (4 layers and up) the WW rises to the top. Worth every penny.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster