I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Charlotte Seminar Update
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 08, 2005 08:15PM

I've finalized the seminar schedule for the 2006 event. Because the show hours will be a tad shorter each day this year (closes 5:30 Sat and 4:40 Sun) we're a little backed up on the available hours. I didn't want to run multiple seminars in the same time slot but I ended up having to do so with just a few in order to get everything in. Two seminars are run both Saturday and Sunday due to the many requests I've had for them from people who won't be there both days. Consult the show website (link at top left of the sponsor column for the latest update.)

Overall, I dropped the total number of seminars by just a tad. Most of the seminars last year were very well attended, but a couple only drew 20 to 30 people. The seminars with round table discussions by the manufacturers didn't go over too well. It never occured to me that since these folks were all downstairs in their own booths, builders already had access to them and could ask any questions they had right there on the show floor. Thus, those two seminars won't be run this year.

The demos done on the main show floor will take place in the rod builder tables this year. These new "booths" will feature builders doing interactive demos nearly all day, both days. Here is a chance to see builders turning grips, prepping and wrapping guides, laying out guide placement systems, finishing, etc. In short, you can watch guys building rods right there on the show floor, all day both days. This will add a lot to the show.

The RodMaker Magazine booth will be twice as large this year. I'm taking extra space to give some of the "legends" a place to hang out and talk rod building with interested parties. I'll have a list of some notable builders for you in a couple weeks once I nail everything down.

In short, anything you want to learn about rod building, you can learn at this event. From the seminars, to the demos, to straight questions and answers with builders in the booths and on the floor, if it has to do with rod building, it will be at the show.

Because the show closes a half hour earlier this year, I'm moving up the RodMaker Reception from 6:30 to 6:00. This actually works in our favor as we can finish up a bit earlier making it easier for people to attend to their dinner plans. Figure that we'll be done around 7:30. We'll have a ton of rod building items to give away (about 100 or so) and will get right to work doing that shortly after 6 PM. Refreshments will be provided (improved a bit over last year) and we'll have a cash bar for beer or wine.

There's nothing to buy - come on in, grab a door prize ticket and some food and meet your fellow rod builders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2005 08:22PM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charlotte Seminar Update
Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: October 08, 2005 08:57PM

I really, really, really, really wish you would consider moving the show to the first part of February next year.

Date: October 08, 2005 10:41PM

North Carolina is subject to snow and ice through the end of March. The further we push it back in February or even into March, the more we duck the odds that we'll have bad weather for the event.

No date is ever going to be perfect for everybody. Most likely the show will always fall on the 3rd to 4th weekend of February from this point forward.

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.an1.chi30.da.uu.net)
Date: October 09, 2005 03:23PM

Legends? Which ones are confrimed?

Date: October 09, 2005 06:22PM

I guess that depends on who you or what you consider a legend. Like it or not, Ralph O'Quinn has been stuck with the mantra after last year's encounter with a fan. Rich Forhan is pretty well known by not only rod builders, but fishermen in general. Plus there is a decent chance that a couple other very well known builders from days gone by will be on hand, but I'd rather not mention them until I'm sure they're committed to attending. I'm hoping that they will decide to attend and renew some old friendships and give autographs and that sort of thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster