I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

looking for cross wrapping book
Posted by: Aaron Sappenfield (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: October 07, 2005 02:09AM

Hey guys, im looking for a particular book and i cant remember what it was called. Its on the tip of my tongue. its a book with a whole bunch of patterns for doing patterns beyond standard chevrons etc. if you have any good ones in mind, let me know

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: looking for cross wrapping book
Posted by: Ed Grella (---.37.43.152.adsl.snet.net)
Date: October 07, 2005 07:29AM

Clemmens: Custom Rod Thread Art

Posted by: Cliff Hall (---.dialup.ufl.edu)
Date: October 07, 2005 09:48AM

"Custom Rod Thread Art" by Dale P. Clemens. ~ $30. -- A detailed work covering all aspects of thread-art from simple weaves to writing a name. Techniques and variations for over 100 patterns. Illustrated. 8' x 10". 235 pages. Copyright 1982. Hardcover only. Available from various RBO Sponsors. It is pretty much the "new testament" on the subject, and still has no rival, as far as BOOKS go.

BUT, once you get involved, you may soon want to get the VISUAL WRAP Software (Billy Vivona's) and some related videos (James "Doc Ski" Labanowski's). Have fun ! Go to the RBO PhotoGallery for lots of inspiration. Search various Builder's Gallery and see what you can do. [www.rodbuilding.org] - Lots of "wow" over there. -Cliff Hall+++

Posted by: Shawn Moore (85.195.119.---)
Date: October 07, 2005 10:16AM

I believe the Visual Wrap software is from David Boyle of Australia. Mud Hole sells it.

Posted by: timm burks (---.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net)
Date: October 07, 2005 10:39AM

I saw Visual Wrap advertised for less at Summer Moon ... YMMV...

Date: October 07, 2005 11:40AM

Shawn Moore: On "Who's Who?" with Visual Wrap, you are correct. "Visual Wrap"-TM is the property of David Boyle of Australia. VIVONA does SELL Visual Wrap, but it was not a collaboration project. And as Vivona put it, "But I do promote the heck out of it." -Cliff Hall+++

LIST PRICE: Summer Moon Rod Works ($87.50, page 33)
for VISUAL WRAP is lower than MudHole's ($100, page 20).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2005 11:46AM by Cliff Hall.

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 07, 2005 07:59PM

The "Clemens Thread Art Book" (for me) is my Bible of modern thread art and crosswrapping......a good read and visual explanation of how things are done written by some of the originators and disciples of crosswrapping......With my book being old and coffee stained, I find more pleasure in newer investments like VisualWRAP (Dave Boyle)...not only will you have access to ALL the Clemens patterns, but you'll be able to share patterns with other people.....initially its a rough inve$tment, but for now and in the future it may be a wise investment....sharing wraps through VisualWrap and the internet can be very rewrding. Dave Boyle is also working on a Visual WEAVE program......To new builders interested in thread art, I'd recommend it......

Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: October 07, 2005 08:07PM

Hi there,

Cliff, I think you misquoted Billy. He would have said "....But I do promote TEH heck out of it." LOL

Dave
www.visualwrap.com

PS - Mike, I tried emailing you recently and it bounced?

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 07, 2005 08:23PM

joyceonefish@aol.com .....I'm not shy mate.

Date: October 08, 2005 10:32PM

Dave Boyle wrote: "Cliff, I think you misquoted Billy. He would have said "....But I do promote TEH heck out of it." LOL " Dave Boyle www.visualwrap.com

Dave - YES!!! - LOL - ACTUALLY, you are CORRECT. In Vivona's e-mail to me HE DID spell it "TEH heck out of it." But Vivona is driving me CRAZY with his spelling TEH. All the time. Like a skipping record. Everywhere I look. I'm starting to think the correct way to spell it is no longer THE but TEH !!! I simply had to correct it. But it is so much a trademark for him, that it is a sign of authenticity. ... But one of mine is having very few mis-spellings. Writing (sic) next to each of Vivona's "teh"s is worse than correcting it. IMO, ... LOL, that's for sure. And good luck with Visual-Weave, Dave. -Cliff Hall, Gainesville, FL-USA+++

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster