I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Shipping laws ??
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.21.204.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: October 06, 2005 10:38AM

Will I be breaking any type of shipping laws if I send a rod in a Cabela's tube ??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shipping laws ??
Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: October 06, 2005 11:25AM

The material used in Cabela's tubes have been added to the list of non-shippable items by the InterNational Shipping of Unsanctioned Laws Treaty By Volume 40. We all know that.

Seriously, why would you think that's a problem.

PS - Acronyms are fun.

Posted by: Harv Gorton (---.penn.com)
Date: October 06, 2005 11:29AM

Oh Pleease !! Billy

Date: October 06, 2005 11:35AM

Your funny Billy. You add to this site.

Other then the name when the customer gets it ? No But I thought I would ask any way ??
I figure " wast not - want not " ??? LOL

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: October 06, 2005 11:51AM

I'd think if Cabela's shipped you a rod in that tube, you could ship it as well. I don't think it's violating a law, but I'd think you want to hide the contents of the shipping tube, or at least protect it from scratches, taped on shipping labels, etc.

Date: October 06, 2005 11:59AM

I usually print on the tube then tape over with clear duck tape. Yes they make it in clear.
It will be insured, what ever that is worth ??

Posted by: Sam Schalley (---.adobe.com)
Date: October 06, 2005 12:17PM

I've reused Cabela's shipping boxes which have the same print on them as the Cabela's rod tubes and the mail police have not yet shown up at my door :-).

- Sam

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: October 06, 2005 12:35PM

The only problem you run into is if there is too much other info on the container, it could confuse someone and the stuff could end up going to any other address that is shown on the tube.

There is also the problem of theft - if someone knows what might be in the tube and they like their changes, they could take it. This is rare but it does happen.

A clean tube is best. If there is a Cabelas name on it, tape over it or mark it out. For sure mark over any old postage stickers or addresses.

Posted by: Art Parramoure (---.252.151.156.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net)
Date: October 07, 2005 11:29AM

I re-use all the shipping tubes I get,,,, no matter who sent them... I make sure all of the other shipping labels and such are off... anything that would remotely mis lead a delivery person... I mean all the little lables that have nothing but lines on them, that the shipper uses as tracking information.... I don't bother with the name on the tube... sometimes I get tubes that have more labels on it than carter has liver pills !!!!!!! Just be sure you INSURE it !!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster