I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Visual Wrap terminology
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 28, 2005 10:33PM

Can the following line be transposed into a language I understand or must I have
the Visual Wrap software? I plan to get the software very soon but in the interum
it would be nice to try some patterns posted on the site.

This is the first line from a fish pattern.

Cross X 50 Y 50 Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1 Out band 3 init# 3 passes 1 % 2 !1

?????????? Me no savy??

I know, i need a decoder ring right? Cape is back ordered,

Thanks

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual Wrap terminology
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: September 28, 2005 11:06PM

That is a script program with instructions for the computer. I don't think that it would be interpretable (is that even a word????)

Mike

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: September 29, 2005 12:07AM

Hi Mike,
I thought so. I was hoping that the "machine" language could be translated into layman's terms.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.012.dsl.qld.iprimus.net.au)
Date: September 29, 2005 01:47AM

I thought it was Dave's Aussie lingo

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.nccray.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 02:56PM

Billy sent me the secret encoder ring a while back, Ray-maybe he'll send it to you-or I could, I did save it.

Putter
Williston, ND

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 04:51PM

Use the Visualwrap "Help" setion to help clarify things....another thing to do is "Wrap" the pattern on the program one thread at a time and see in yellow where you are in the script compared to the pattern.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.dsl.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: September 29, 2005 06:19PM

Hey, that language makes perfect sense to me :-)

You can download the Vizwrap help file from the website. It explains the syntax of scripts. [www.visualwrap.com]

Cross X 50 Y 50 Spool_Up 1 Spool_Dn 1 Out band 3 init# 3 passes 1 % 2 !1

This line is telling the software to use a Cross layout, located at (50,50), with both threads the same colour, use a width of 3 threads wrapped in a band, with double spacing.

If you get your own decoder ring (the VisualWRAP software) you can copy any script from the website and instantly see it "wrap" on your own computer. You can watch it wrap one thread at a time automatically or single-stepped, change colours quickly, see the whole thing in 3D, even print true-to-size and calculate initial spacings. I am still amazed at what Vizwrap can do and how easy it is to share patterns with others. I used to pore over the patterns in Custom Rod Thread Art and wish I could see the pattern actually forming, not just see black-and-white snapshots of before and after. Well now you can! Decoder rings are available from sponsors of this site: Mud Hole, Merrick, Versitex, Summer Moon (possibly others - sorry if I left anyone out).

Tight Wraps
David Boyle
www.visualwrap.com
New library page - [www.tightwraps.com]

PS - Myles, I'll chuck another snag on the barbie for ya, mate!

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 06:36PM

"chuck another snag in the barbie for ya"?.....heck with syntax, whats a snag?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: September 29, 2005 06:43PM

Dave, I am also amazed at what is capable with VW. I've een tinkering with it for 4 years now (CAn it be that long? WOW!!!), and I still figure out another way it can help me. I've been playing with teh Zoom feature to get a close up of what is going on, which is great when creating a patterns you can easier-ly lay out the threads to create the pattern.

VW has really helped this craft grow to another level. On my level - I would not be close to doing what I am doing today if VW was not written.

Posted by: David Boyle (---.wmc.com)
Date: September 29, 2005 09:46PM

A snag is a sausage.

A SNAG is also a Sensitive New Age Guy, but we don't barbecue those in Australia.

:-)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.002.gct.iprimus.net.au)
Date: September 30, 2005 05:02AM

Dave last time I checked with the wife, she said there isn't any sensitive new age guys down here. She is still rubbing my nose in the lost Ashes. Go the Cowboys.

Posted by: M. E. Sweetland (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2005 03:21PM

Hello.

I had to replaced my hard drive and lost my visual wrap software. Can I get it back from you?

thanks, Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster