I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Adding photos
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: September 19, 2005 05:22AM

Today I have attempted to post some photos I believe may be interesting to a few if not all. During the last 5 years Australia has experienced the biggest drought ever recorded. Recently, in the area where I live, we have received a very welcome relief to the drought, rain!. I don't know how many points, mils or inches have fallen but the country is as green as I have every seen it. The native flowers, in particular, the Sturts Desert Pea are flowering to an extent I have never seen before. While I know these are not rod photos, fishing photos or photos of fish, I would appreciate the photos coming onto the site for all to see. Perhaps we may even see, Mark, the two Jims or Doc convert a photo into a weave. The beauty of these flowers has to be seen to be believed.

Regards
Outback

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adding photos
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: September 19, 2005 05:35AM

Sorry to repeat myself but I have just tried again to post some photos but I keep getting rejected. I know there are more important things going on in the world but this is important to me.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.201.162.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 05:43AM

Did you try the " Miscellanious " catagory.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.gct.iprimus.net.au)
Date: September 19, 2005 08:05AM

Mark if they are the size of the pictures you sent me you might have to resize them and as Bill said select the Misc. category.

Posted by: Richard Carlsen (---.dyn.avci.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 08:13AM

For a handy Image Resizer, go to [www.microsoft.com].

The little "Image Resizer" program listed there is as easy to use and handy as can be. When installed, it is just highlight, right click and select the size image you want.

Perfect for getting those large photo files down to workable size for posting and emailing.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.a.001.gct.iprimus.net.au)
Date: September 19, 2005 08:15AM

Mark, Just did it with one of the photo's resized the single Sturt pea (19) pic to 510x680 pixels and set to save in Misc. area and it accepted it. I cancelled it so if you don't have the ability to resize the photo's I will send them back at the reduced size.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.3.92.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 08:16AM

Check out what Tom has written about the photo page on top of the board.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: September 20, 2005 06:24AM

Guys thanks for the help. I have never had any problems posting before and I know these may not interest many using the site. I thought by showing this rare and beautiful site I could help pass on some of the beaty experienced in the Aussie outback.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: September 20, 2005 06:46AM

Success Guys. Thanks for the hints about resizing.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: September 20, 2005 09:05AM

Suprised rezizing was teh problem - I posted a pic yesterday 2500x2500 pixels. I didn't mean to, I wanted to re-size it, but it worked just fine.

The explanation Tom has at teh top has nothing to do with any of the issues anyone has had with teh Photo Board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster