I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guy selling Polymer Products on @#$%&???????
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 04:33PM

A month or so back there was a guy that posted on here wanting to become a sponsor. He is selling Polymer Products on @#$%&. One is like Rod Bond. Has anyone tried his stuff yet? I'd like to try some of the Rod Bond like stuff, but I don't want to buy a pig in a poke.

Bill in WV

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guy selling Polymer Products on @#$%&???????
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 04:36PM

Bill,

One question. If it is "like" Rod Bond, why not stock with the original (best)??

Mike

Posted by: Shawn Moore (82.96.100.---)
Date: August 31, 2005 04:53PM

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I can't see companies that have good products lining up to sell stuff on @#$%& at @#$%&. Lamiglas doesn't do it, Flex Coat doesn't do it. Loomis doesn't do it. REC doesn't do it. Pac Bay doesn't do it. So I have to ask myself questions when I hear a company is using @#$%& for a sales mechanism.

You should ask the guy who makes his epoxy. I think Trondak makes their own Rod Bond. Is he just repacking it in different containers from something else. Can he help you if you get in a jam and need an answer to a technical question on the stuff? Not knocking @#$%& but I personally feel better buying from companies I know and getting product I can trust.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 06:02PM

With those attitudes, nobody would ever try Amtak or Batson products.

You're probabyl referring to Diamondite, he's a sponsor here now, so all those who love to tell us they support teh sponsors can go ahead and try teh product out for themselves, then come here and tell us how great life is that they can get such fine products frmo a sponsor of this site.

Posted by: KEITH BURNETTE (---.roa.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 06:17PM

HEY BILLY,
I AM GLAD YOU HAD THE GUTS TO SAY THAT. I DO THINK THAT THERE ARE PRODUCTS IN THIS WORLD THAT ARE WORTH A LOOK AND DON'T AT THIS POINT SPONSOR THIS BOARD. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS IMPORTANT BUT NOT ALL COMPANIES HAVE GOTTEN TO THE FINANCIAL POSITION TO SPEND THE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO ADVERTISE IN EVERY MEDIUM. THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM UNWORTHY OF OUR BUSINESS IF THEY HAVE A PRODUCT THAT WE NEED AT A PRICE WE CAN AFFORD.
KEITH

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date: August 31, 2005 06:22PM

A lot of good rod builders sell on @#$%& ??? So does MudHole

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 31, 2005 08:24PM

The cost to be a sponsor of this site is so redicuously low that I really don't think most companies would have any trouble being a sponsor here if they wanted to. And the thing is, many who aren't still try to back door the site and get in advertising for free. This is a bit silly, because with such low sponsor fees, they could get on board and make their money back in a few days at most.

Having said that, there is no question that many fine companies and manufacturers are not sponsors here and may never be. And that doesn't mean that they don't have good products or aren't reputable businesses. Many, if not most, certainly do and are. But I hope the people who use this site will give the sponsors first shot at their business whenever possible. Without them, this site could not exist. They are "giving back" to you, the custom rod builders, by helping to offset the cost of having this site and its related features.

Many of the sponsors here actually sell on @#$%&. That's fine, but per the rules I ask that you not send people to any @#$%& @#$%& or stores. Thanks.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 31, 2005 08:51PM

I dont' think he was directing anyone to @#$%&, just trying to get info on teh product. I guess he hopes someone here has tried the product already. Tim is a sponsor, Swofty Diomondite on the bottom right.

Date: August 31, 2005 10:02PM

That's correct, my statement was just a reminder. We took off 4 posts today directing people to @#$%& @#$%&, two here and two on the buy/sell page.

Posted by: Tom Doyle (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: September 01, 2005 09:55AM

This is not about Tom's policies, with which I have no quarrel. It's about companies, especially small companies, selling on @#$%&. @#$%& is now firmly established as one of the largest commercial institutions in the world, and it is evolving (not necessarily for the better) in several directions. There are "Buy it Now" features and "@#$%& Stores" where you pay close to, if not equal to, the going retail price for items. So it represents just another outlet for a business venture, one with low overhead and vast exposure. When I can't find a specialty item in my local stores, I now automatically head to @#$%&, hoping to find the item from a seller with an excellent Feedback rating (99-100), and perfectly happy to pay retail plus reasonable shipping. My point: it bothers me not at all if a business, including Diamondlite, uses @#$%& as a retailing tool.

Date: September 01, 2005 03:16PM

Thanks Billy,

For backing me up. You're right I wasn't trying to refer anyone to @#$%&. I just wanted to know if anyone had used the product. I'm on a limited budget now, and have to get the most for my money. I did email him and asked if his product was close to Rod Bond. He emailed me back and told me that the formulation was very similar. He also told me that they had been in the aerospace industry for 20 something years and formulate their own products. He said that they are just trying to branch out to other industries where their products may be of good use.

I know that you and I have had our differances, but to me that's "water under the bridge". I hope you feel the same!!

Bill in WV

Date: September 01, 2005 04:54PM

No one said you were trying to refer anyone to @#$%&. Again, my comment was a general one to remind people not to use this site to send people to @#$%& @#$%&. Another builder used the buy/sell/trade page just today to send people to his @#$%& @#$%&.

Date: September 02, 2005 10:05PM

Sorry Tom,

Looks like I'm stirring the pot again. There must be no one that has used this product yet. I checked his @#$%& store again and a 64 oz kit wich is 64 oz of both parts is 60 sum dollars so I'll probly end up sticking with Rod Bond!!

Bill in WV

Date: September 02, 2005 10:10PM

Not your fault, don't worry about it.

That does seem steep as far as price goes, but I really haven't priced an large quantities of RodBond lately. But, I don't think it costs anything like that. Then again maybe it does, that's a large quantity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster