I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Madeira Polyneon Fluoro Thread
Posted by: Peter Houston (---.prem.tmns.net.au)
Date: August 27, 2005 11:09PM

Hi guys,

Anyone have any feedback on the madeira fluoro thread?

I have a teenage customer who loves fluoro on everything, and wants his rod the same.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Regards,

Peter.
Rods On The Fly,
Newcastle, Australia.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Madeira Polyneon Fluoro Thread
Posted by: William Bartlett (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 27, 2005 11:15PM

You can use it, but I think you need to use #60. Do a search and you should find tons of info on it.

Bill in WV

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 27, 2005 11:34PM

Peter, how's it going? By Fluoro, do you mean Neons? If so, here is a picture of a test wrap I did & how it looked after a couple of months exposire to teh sun: [www.rodbuilding.org]

I know someone else just completed a wrap with it, and will be posting pictures of it shortly. The stuff is SUPER bright, to the point where it hurts your eyes. Once CP & epoxy is applied, it gets toned down a bit. IT's still very bright though.

What colors do you have in mind, and how much do you need? If I'm in a nice mood, I might run a hudred + ards off if I have teh colors you are looking for, this way you don't have to get hammered with shipping costs from wherev you order. I just placed another order from them on Wednesday, too bad you didn't post this sooner I'd've waited for you.

Date: August 27, 2005 11:52PM

Hey Billy,

Im well mate.

This kid wants B.R.I.G.H.T....the brighter the better. He is looking at colour 1935 yellow. I will need about 100 metres i guess, as his rod will be double overbound. He even asked me to paint the guides fluoro.....which i wont do...he has more time on his hands than i do...

Send me an email for costs if you would please Billy.

The photos look good, so i guess a good couple of coats of cp will be needed?

Regards,

Peter.

Regards,

Peter.
Rods On The Fly,
Newcastle, Australia.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 28, 2005 02:13AM

Just e-mail me your address, and depending on teh shipping cost I'll see if it's worth sending me money. I'm gonna stick it into an envelope & ship it regular mail, if I'm able to do that no worries.I will see which colors of Neon Yellow I have, and send you that. I know I have one Neon Yellow, most of the other bright colors I have are Orange & Pink. THey also have Neon Green, which is what will be posted soon.

CP - that color stick I put one coat of each brand of CP, waitied a couple of hours, and threw epoxy on. Had I done a better job packing - the colors would've been much more vibrant, but it was a test stick. What CP do you use? HAve yo used teh other threads yet? I assume you like them since you're looking for more.

Date: August 28, 2005 02:43AM

Billy,

Thanks mate, email on its way.

Let me know how much postage is and i will send to you same as before. I still have your details.

I use a local product called Jack Erskines. Its a water based cp i think, not at all like 811S, which i have used and prefer. Its just hard to get from my local supplier.

Thanks again Billy, good to talk to you.

Take care.

Peter.

Regards,

Peter.
Rods On The Fly,
Newcastle, Australia.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tnt1.broken-hill.au.da.uu.net)
Date: August 28, 2005 03:35AM

Peter, It is well worth freighting good CP's, Epoxies, blanks and guides into Australia from the US. I used Erskine brand many years ago and find it doesn't have the "guts" some of the other CP's and epoxies have. I have been using Color Lock from U40 and their LS Supreme epoxy which I reckon is great. I really liked the Glass Coat epoxy to except that it sets up a little quick. Try some of these products. It is well worth it. If you hit trouble with the Madiera thread, try the Mettler Polysheen 40. The have a great range of neons.

Regards
Mark

Posted by: Anonymous User (203.212.147.---)
Date: August 28, 2005 03:42AM

Pete,
From what I can see Mettler has a better Fluro colour range than Madiera, Mark put me onto Mettler and I found a supplier up here lot easier to source than Madiera. I used to use Jack's CP tried them all, liked for 811 awhile now using Flexcoat and really happy with it. Finally tried the epoxy you sent up, I would have to say that is pretty close to PacBay rodsmith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2005 03:47AM by Myles Boon.

Date: August 28, 2005 05:07AM

Myles and Mark,

Thanks.

Emails to you both on their way.

Peter.

Regards,

Peter.
Rods On The Fly,
Newcastle, Australia.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: August 28, 2005 10:20AM

Billy:
Whch pic. is the before and which is the after?

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 28, 2005 03:26PM

HEre's that Neon wrap I was waiting to be posted: [www.rodbuilding.org]

Good job Seane!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster