I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Renzetti thread holder
Posted by: Italo Busi (---.44-151.net24.it)
Date: August 22, 2005 06:12AM

Hello,
I have bought This year at the Charlotte Rod Builder show , the Lathe from Renzetti, but I have same big problems with the spool stand carriage. I will try to explain in my bad english, and I hope that sameone will understend me and help me to resolve this problem. with the lathe I bought also the large Holder for big spool, but when I opened the box, and assembled it, with my surprise I noted that the Madeira large spool doesn't fit in, because the stand was too short .
I suppose that it is good only for Gudebrod 4 oz. , but now what can I do for use it ?
Another big and more important problem is that , when the 6 small gudebrod spool are set on, often the holder go out of the guide, because the white teflon roller under the flat , do not stay fixed on the ball bearing due to the hevy spool weight when they are 6 , or only two 4 oz. size .
I was thinking to modificate it , making a small support down to the spool holder, but I don't know if it will working well .

I tried to write to Renzetti, but nobody answer me .
So , at the end, I spent a lot of money, and I am already using my home made lather !!!
Thanks for precious tips

Italo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Renzetti thread holder
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 22, 2005 09:01AM

You can make modifications to the unit, such as installing a longer stand/shaft to hold the longer to accomodate your particular thread spool. Or... rewind some of that thread onto an empty spool you know will fit the current stand.

The latter problem is one that can be corrected by gluing the small white roller to the bearing so that it doesn't "pop" down and off the roller. I'm surprised that yours will do this as this was a problem I spoke with Andy about some years ago and he seemed to have fixed it with a better roller in that particular position.

When you are in Charlotte for this year's show, make sure to speak with him about it - he should have some of the new rollers and I'm sure he'll be happy to replace it for you.

Posted by: italo busi (---.44-151.net24.it)
Date: August 22, 2005 11:29AM

Thanks Tom,
I will try to make your suggestions, and off course I will speak with Mr Renzetti.
Thanks again, ciao
Italo

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 22, 2005 02:28PM

Not for nothing, but why should he have to wait until Charlotte, that's 6 months away? He has a $700+ tool he cannot use, nor can he contact someone about it. If he has another problem, is he going to have to wait another year & spend $1000+ to come to the US just to get an answer?

Date: August 22, 2005 03:38PM

Hi Billy,
you are all right, but I will come in Charlotte in primis to meet all of you again !!
Regarding the lathe, I try to do as Tom told me, but I think that , the white roller problem I can' t resolve, because if I put same glue, the bearing could be contaminate and doesn't work properly.
I have tried to contact the factory several time by mail, but nobody answer me, so I hope to meet them in Charlotte, and for the moment I am working with my old home made lathe, in Italy we say : who take a new road, know very well those is leaving , but don't know those that he is finding . This is appened to me.
Ciao my friend
Italo

Posted by: Michael Joyce (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 04:32PM

Italo..I shifted the shafts to the left on my carraige , long enough to hold 4 madeira spools, the right side will still hold 100 yd spools. This is without using the 1/2" shims.

Date: August 22, 2005 05:26PM

No, that's an old problem and I'm surprised you got a piece of older stock. It must have been something left in the supply line from a few years back.

It's an easy fix - take the bearing out and remove the white plastic bushing/roller. Take some alcohol and wipe off the outside of the bearing and inside of the bushing. Now take some Scotchbrite and scuff the outside of the bearing and inside of the bushing. Put some epoxy in there, just enough to coat the surfaces - no need to overdo this, and push the bushing back on the bearing. I did this to mine 15 years or more ago and it's still going strong.

The new roller has a flat top that encases the bushing so it can't pop off or come down. I'm sure Andy will have some, although if you do what I just outlined, you won't need one.

Granted, you shouldn't have to do this, but if your goal is to get the machine into use quickly, then it's the most prudent and practical thing you can do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2005 05:37PM by Tom Kirkman.

Posted by: Matt Horner (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 22, 2005 09:31PM

Italo, we are not aware that you have been trying to contact us.Maybe a problem with the system.I will relay this info to Andy and get a reply to you soon.Sorry for the inconvenience so far. Renzetti will work with you to resolve any issues you have. Thanks,Matt

Posted by: Renzetti,Inc. (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 23, 2005 08:26AM

Italo, please be sure that you have the correct e-mail for contacting us.Please use techsupport@renzetti.com,[email protected],or mail@renzetti.com,to reach us.Or feel free to contact us at 321-267-7705.Thanks,Renzetti staff

Posted by: Billy Vivona (4.43.114.---)
Date: August 23, 2005 08:43AM

In case the post from Renzetti gets automatically deleted for not using first/last name, I copied it here. Good news for Italo!!!

Posted by: Renzetti,Inc. (---.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 23, 2005 07:26AM

Italo, please be sure that you have the correct e-mail for contacting us.Please use techsupport@renzetti.com,[email protected],or mail@renzetti.com,to reach us.Or feel free to contact us at 321-267-7705.Thanks,Renzetti staff

Date: August 23, 2005 08:54AM

Sponsors can use their company names.

Date: August 23, 2005 05:28PM

Hello,
Thanks to all of you for your attention !!
Tom , tomorrow I tried to do your tips , I am sure thats will be ok.
I wrote also to Renzetti Staff , and I am sure that they will help me.
Thanks Billy and Michael !!
Ciao

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster