I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CP help
Posted by: Ron Petley (---.autobahnaccess.com)
Date: August 21, 2005 03:01PM

I have finished a foot long butt wrap and planed to put on the epoxie today. I had to let the rod sit for a month and put on another coat of CP last night to prevent any possible leaks. I have don this in the past as I have to wait untill the kids are out of the house, to atractive to a toddler and the cat.
I put on the CP last night and went to bed while dreams if a finished rod danced in my head. Today the wrap is cloudy/opaque like the top coat did not adhear to the bottom, and it looks bad.
What can I do, how can I get it off? I need help or therapy. Oh yes it is Gludebrode 810 CP.
Cheers Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CP help
Posted by: Johnathan Sams (---.ij.net)
Date: August 21, 2005 10:20PM

If it won\'t peel off then you might be in trouble. I know it has an alcohol base so maybe alcohol will cut it and remove it, but it might just make a mess of the whole darn thing. Can\'t say I\'ve run into this before.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.162.222.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 21, 2005 10:34PM

I am thinking "2 " things. If you washed it with alcohole before putting it on, the alcohole might have made it cloody ?
Also if it is hot and humid you may have mosture in it, called " blushing " Don't know if it will do any good, but try warming it with a hair dryer it may ? help ?

Posted by: Ron Petley (---.autobahnaccess.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 02:50PM

Thanks for the help, I wiped a section with alcohol and it did soften it and the unwanted opaqueness went away. I let it dyr and it seems good. I will work on it in sections so it does not get streched out of shape, wrap saved so far.
Cheers Ron

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster