I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AMT Vetre Matrix Handle
Posted by: Quintin George (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 06:20PM

When assembling this handle on a blank, there is a 2.5 inch EVA but plug that is meant to but up against the bottom of the blank. So when complete on a 2 piece rod, the but end is about 2" longer than the tip. Right?

If I want these to be equal lenghts should I cut 2" off the but, or reem out the EVA plug to allow the blank to slide in???

Anyone have experience with this problem...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AMT Vetre Matrix Handle
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dyn.sprint-hsd.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 08:19PM

WHY WOULD YOU WANT THEM TO BE EQUAL LENGTHS? I don't see tha two inches would make a differenvce either way.

Date: August 17, 2005 08:21PM

Has to fit in a rod bag already purchased...

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 08:42PM

When I built mine I removed the threaded portion of the handle (the piece that the tube is eventually glued onto) and then installed/aligned the butt of the blank with the butt of the reel seat - the blank did not extend out to the end of the handle/tube - the butt of the blank doesnt come close to the EVA butt plug. I think someone posted detailed instructions on this a few weeks ago. You might find them useful - try a search or contact AMT directly.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 17, 2005 09:08PM

I think Joe posted those detailed instructions 3 weeks ago. Search for Vetre & it should pop up. I don't htink that answers your specific question though.

Date: August 17, 2005 09:21PM

Saw that Billy, that was helpful.

Question is - if you have seen the ATC but piece, it has a built-in cap - how would I ream it?

I'd rather go with a close but loose fit over the blank (if I can figure out how to ream it, than cut the blank short. The handle just hanging over the end scares me a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster