I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Thanks to custom rod pricing study participants
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2005 01:10AM

After realizing the actual topic that started this thread,
I too wanted to give my thanks to all of the participents
who helped bring the article in RM to fruition.
OUTSTANDING!! Can't wait to read the 2nd part !!

Putting my hands together to everyone!!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sam fox (---.jan.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 13, 2005 08:24AM

I have let my subscription expire (I'm correcting that) so I will have to read the article as soon as I catch up on my back issues. Meanwhile,let me make a few comments on what I have read here.
I agree that where you are located makes a big difference. I do a lot of local business here in north Mississippi, but I also travel to Mn,Wi and Iowa every year and I have a son in N. GA. and do some business in his area. In the fly fishing people and the bass fishing people are definitely dealing with 2 different type of personalities and reguire different approches. Bass fishermen, if they are pro or semi pro are sponsered by large companies and receive a lot of free gear from them as promotions. It's very hard to compete with this, but it can be done through better design and quality. Fly fishermen seem to have more appreciation for the finer artistic aspect of a rod as well as the performance.
I do both types of rods but put more wood and inlays etc. in my fly rods. Latley I have seen this begin to change a bit and have done some bass and muskie rods in wood and cork combinations.
This is just the view from my end . I do appreciate the info and input on pricing, incidentally my rods have a fixed pricing with my time and the price of the components figured in. I am retired and only trying to stay busy and suplement my income a bit with something I love to do.

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2005 09:00AM

That was in the first article, Bob.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.183.183.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 13, 2005 09:30AM

Tom
Your getting better with age Ha Ha I just got mine last night.

Just buzzing over the artical. Very interesting. I did not even think people would get that kind of money and use those ( el cheapo ) guides. I myself would never consider those. If I get some one wanting such a cheap rod, knowing they will be back, I send them to Wally World.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster