I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Clearer Photographs in Magazine
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: August 01, 2005 09:59PM

The new magazine mailed today. We also changed the line screen we're printing at. From now on, it will move to 200 lines per inch. Early on we were at 133 (standard magazine resolution) then we moved to 150 a couple years back. Now we've gone to 200. The difference is stunning (pay attention to the photos of the Spiral Wrap Demo Device). The clarity and detail is now the absolute best I have ever seen in any magazine of any kind. I was extremely pleased with this additional upgrade to RodMaker. Hope all you readers like it. I think you will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clearer Photographs in Magazine
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.150.162.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: August 01, 2005 10:04PM

Tom
do you really think any one is not going to like it?? Heck it was great as it was, but now , as he has said
Haaaaaaaa with thumbs up

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 01, 2005 10:29PM

Just when you think it can't get any better!!! You amaze me, Tom

Mike

Date: August 01, 2005 11:10PM

Well, I really didn't do anything - just let my printer move me to a higher line screen. I wish it was all that easy.

Date: August 01, 2005 11:28PM

I'm sure that he didn't do it for free! You keep looking for ways to improve even when you aren't being pushed by competition.

Mike

Posted by: Dave Gilberg (---.pghk.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 02, 2005 01:27AM

Tom,
The motto of New York State "Excelsior" (Ever Upward) is an apt description of your mission with RodMaker Magazine. You're always surprising us with new improvements. Keep spoiling us; we love it!
Dave

Posted by: Nathan Brock (---.mkethn01.fl.comcast.net)
Date: August 03, 2005 11:23AM

So the new issue is issue 8-4 right?

Nathan

Posted by: Bill Johnson (---.userbeam.de)
Date: August 03, 2005 12:39PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The last issue I received was all black and white, crappy photos and I couldn't find hardly any stories that really had much to do with rod building. One whole page devoted to a member profile. Why do I care what some members favorite fishing or other interests are??? Or why the several pages of reprinted instructions from packages of epoxy finish. They COME with the finish you don't need to take up a bunch of pages reprinting them in the magazine. I did llike the part on business where we were told that we should always try to get the most bang for our buck in advertising. Gee, why didn't I think of that?? Get serious. Man you guys had better improve and focus on rod building or I'm one member that isn't coming back for another year.

Posted by: Bill Johnson (---.userbeam.de)
Date: August 03, 2005 12:40PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. The last issue I received was all black and white, crappy photos and I couldn't find hardly any stories that really had much to do with rod building. One whole page devoted to a member profile. Why do I care what some members favorite fishing or other interests are??? Or why the several pages of reprinted instructions from packages of epoxy finish. They COME with the finish you don't need to take up a bunch of pages reprinting them in the magazine. I did llike the part on business where we were told that we should always try to get the most bang for our buck in advertising. Gee, why didn't I think of that?? Get serious. Man you guys had better improve and focus on rod building or I'm one member that isn't coming back for another year.

Date: August 03, 2005 12:58PM

Bill,

Wrong place!! I think that you are talking about the Rodcrafters Journal, the publication of the Guild. This ste has no connection whatsoever with them. The magazine that is being discussed is Rodmaker, a high quality rodbuilding magazine that is ahead of the "cutting Edge" of rodbuilding and is the best tool that any rod builder can have! I would recommend it to anyone that has ever or will ever build a fishing rod!!

Check them out!!! [www.rodmakermagazine.com]

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2005 01:00PM by Mike Barkley.

Date: August 03, 2005 05:08PM

RodMaker has no member "profiles" anywhere in it - I don't have any "members." No epoxy company instructions have ever been printed nor re-printed. RodMaker has a full color photo gallery of builders' work in the center of each issue, only the article photos are B&W.

I believe you have mistaken RodMaker for some other publication.

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: August 03, 2005 08:43PM

Grrrrrr, eh, Mike??

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster