I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Fuji Painted seats
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.231.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 29, 2005 08:56PM

Hi Guys

Trying to find out how much the Fuji Painted Real Seats are going for? Seems no one carries any prices or the seats?
Help Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fuji Painted seats
Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.centcom.mil)
Date: July 29, 2005 09:17PM

When I check with Summermoon they started at $35 and went up to about $55.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.195.231.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 29, 2005 09:30PM

Thanks Phil. I'll paint my own.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 29, 2005 09:55PM

I paid $27 for mine direct from Japan. Matte red.

Posted by: Derek McMaster (---.ca-sanfranc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 12:08AM

Bill...Knowing you.....Yours will look better and be worth more...Go for it!

Derek

Posted by: Jim Rippe (---.an3.chi30.da.uu.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 01:12AM

Billy, is that $27 include shipping or not? Also, who in Japan?

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 03:28AM

Hi Bill,
Don Burgess in Washington has one listed on @#$%& with a "Buy Now"
price of $12+change and he will send it quickly for a few bucks too!
Try @#$%& username dbr35 or search for "painted reel seat" in
sporting goods.

FYI,

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Date: July 30, 2005 07:08AM

Did not include shipping. I ordered 2 Shimano Japanese reels, so the shipping wasn't a big deal for teh components. I ordered from Fishing Maronoucci in Japan, ut some have ordered direct from MAtagi - I believe they may be the company who is supplying these for the US shops who carry these seats.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.3.74.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 07:34AM

That guy on @#$%& has to be loosing his shirt on that one??
That is why I asked. Heck Most all of the ones made by people like Batson and Pac Bay look the same so I figured I could save some -- seems I can save a heck of a lot
Got to go and see how shinny I can make one. Urethanes are as hard as a rock.

Billy - those reels must have cost you and arm and a leg ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2005 07:37AM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 30, 2005 07:33PM

I saw the painted reel seats on the merrick tackle web site. Didn't see the price though. hope this helps.

Date: July 30, 2005 10:24PM

I paid by far les than the US counterparts, the Shimano Trinidad & Trinidad Narrow. I think the TN16-N is in teh $4290$450 range, I picked up a much better reel with 5:1 gears & a lock switch which I actually use, for well over $xxx less. CAn't say how much less. Same goes for the Ocea Jigger 1500P (TN14), which if you look on @#$%& you can pick one up for $320 shipped. THat's like $50 less than a Trini, and that's more than I paid.

It's good to research and be friendly with people, most will go out of their way to work with you when you buy a bunch of stuff.

Back to teh painted seats - I know the ones Merrick has are the same ones I have, and I feel they are worth the money if you are not into painting them yourself. They seem to be well painted, seem like they will hold up nicely - I do not expect to see it flake or peel.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.168.93.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 11:12AM

I just can not see buying a seat for that kind of money. I have several painted seats out on rods painted with metallic red and green. Several coats of permagloss on them.
Not hard to do at all and they shine.

Date: July 31, 2005 06:57PM

Very hard to do if you dont' want to bother painting, are not set up for painting, if you know you will make a mess, if you don't want to bother coating with Permagloss, if you know if you do it yourself there will be drops, uneveness, general slop.

$30 for a reel seat on a rod with $110 worth of guides, on a $120 blank, with $70 worth of cork - definately not that much of an expense at all.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.250.168.93.Dial1.Weehawken1.Level3.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 07:28PM

How many seats do you want Billy, And what colors. It's easy The whole idea is not to put the paint on heavy. Two light coats When ya ain't got the money, Plus I think it is too much for a reel seat. prices are going to high!! Fuji makes some nice things but they also know it, and they got the market cornered for concept guides, except the Titans, and Amtek had to fight with them to get them out, because of Fuji's patent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster